Thread: The Last Sunday in July Thread

The Last Sunday in July Thread

Well, whaddya know? I'm up early and get to be the Sunday thread starter. I've done a lot of work around the house this weekend, and spent dinner time with my family yesterday. Today will be a delightfully empty day, so I plan to practice my guitar lesson and watch some baseball. The mercury is rising again, so we expect temperatures to be in the mid-90's the next few days. Time to huddle indoors with an operational A/C!

Re: The Last Sunday in July Thread

Well, woke up at 3:30 and just couldn’t get back to sleep so got up and watched a movie and surfed the net a bit to kill time. My wife and I will be heading out on the Harley for breakfast with our friends so it should be a fun day.

Forum Member

This is the "monsoon" season where I live, but it looks like we get a break today. Good thing because we have a shoot this morning!
    I finally got my wife's pool running last week, probably the last year for this one, but it is now clean and blue, and she got in for a while yesterday. Hopefully with some sun today, the solar cover will warm it a little more for her swim this afternoon!

drinking coffee and pounding water, got a wake up call about dehydration this week. I'm just a few steps away from calling the hired muscle to get rid off the furnishings that nobody is going to claim amongst the family. Just need to empty a few drawers and clean a couple pieces that are being transferred to another room and I'll be contacting the movers. I would like to get my workbench put together asap. The room I want to put it in still needs to be painted but I can do that with the work bench in it, it will be on casters so I can move it around. It will probably serve its first duty as a paint bucket caddy.

can't believe how fast July flew by, the last month of summer is almost upon us.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Good Sunday morning. Did the lawn yesterday - first time in a month. It's been so dry it didn't need it before now. Practicing guitar - TeleBob (Telenator) is hosting an open mic in a couple weeks up in Vermont and I'm thinking of going. It's been a while since I played in public so I need to be ready. Have a great week!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Happy Sunday! I got most of the important chores done yesterday so we're relaxing today. It's 90, so we're not doing much. My wife and I went to a surgeon on Friday to look into a higher quality knee replacement. He looked at her x-rays and determined that she doesn't need a knee replacement at this time! The knee has some arthritis, but it is not "bone to bone" as the other surgeon had implied. One of his researchers will contact her during the week about an exercise plan and diet changes.

Pretty lazy Sunday, since I did not have to take the usual road trip to the capital for band practice. I'm taking a break for two months or so.

Slept over at my Gf's on Friday, had the usual countless cups of coffee this morning and pretty much watched tv all day.

it's 7 PM now and I'll grab a Bud and a guitar for some blues studies, on my own.