Thread: HOTTTT Sunday!

HOTTTT Sunday!

Temp around 100 again today - will spend the day enjoying the comfort of air conditioning. Maybe run the sprinkler for a bit, too. Yeuch!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Forum Member

Re: HOTTTT Sunday!

We haven't hit 100 yet, but mid 90's lately, in my little town!
    Trying to get my wife's pool running again, probably the last year for this one. Had to patch a small leak yesterday, today we'll see if it worked! Still have to plumb the external pump/filter, as the internal died last year.

I saw 99 on my car's thermometer yesterday, but I think it runs a little high. It's supposed to be warmer today. The real problem is the 66% humidity!
    I think I'll stay indoors, do some chores and play some guitar.

yesterday was hot, it was still 84 with Feels Like in the 90s when I went walking last night at 930 at night. The beer I drank while grilling my supper didn't last very long.

it's actually the same temperature right now at 10 o'clock in the morning. Crazy. I might go out and buy some chicken to grill but I won't be doing too much more than that outside. I want to play my new guitar some more and get road tapes ready for this week's rides to the clinic up in the mountains.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

It was 94° at 8:15 a.m. today. The forecast calls for temps over 100°, with a heat index of 111°. Not a day to be outdoors, that's for sure!

I continue to swap around the guitars I'm playing, so I'm now back to my ES-335. I also switched my primary amp to my Fender Mustang IIv2, so I'm getting a whole new sound sensation as a result. Working on some recurrent ideas, so the change is nice!

Stay cool, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    I saw 99 on my car's thermometer yesterday, but I think it runs a little high. It's supposed to be warmer today. The real problem is the 66% humidity!
    I think I'll stay indoors, do some chores and play some guitar.
    Do you guys use the "Humidex Index"? For example, where I am in Canada, it is only 80F so far today, but if the humidity is included, it "feels like" 93F. With the Humidex, the temperature can get up to 100F. It must be incredibly brutal to have a base temp of say 90F WITH high humidity.

Anyway, I don't even have AC although I am the only one on the street who doesn't. When It gets insanely hot, I sit in the shade on the patio with my feet in a galvanized tub, with the hose on very low, keeping the tub cool. Hillbilly AC.
    "The beauty and profundity of God is more real than any mere calculation."

Was up early and on the move at 0530 in lower Manhattan and it was already stinking hot that early! Spent the third of three days on the ground test and evaluating military equipment at the street level (outside). Today wasn’t too bad since we had a slight breeze. The last two days were awful! Was 101F yesterday without the heat index. Something like 112F with the heat index. Done for day at this point and the next two days it’s inside airconditioned buildings. Those beers are gonna taste good tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by Doc W View Post
    Do you guys use the "Humidex Index"? For example, where I am in Canada, it is only 80F so far today, but if the humidity is included, it "feels like" 93F. With the Humidex, the temperature can get up to 100F. It must be incredibly brutal to have a base temp of say 90F WITH high humidity.

Anyway, I don't even have AC although I am the only one on the street who doesn't. When It gets insanely hot, I sit in the shade on the patio with my feet in a galvanized tub, with the hose on very low, keeping the tub cool. Hillbilly AC.
    Most sources that I see here use the term "feels like". Yesterday it was 108. Today the temp is 94 and it "feels like" 98.

Recuperating. Had a Friday night outside job on the water, over 85F and there was no breeze whatsoever and we sweated like hogs all night. Bugs were terrible too. It was still hot when I got home at 3AM.

Then yesterday we had another outdoor opening for Melia Maccarone. It was 96F and over 90% humidity out, the stage was facing away from the wind and I nearly passed out from the heat.

Melia seems nice. She is a sponsored artist for PRS. Music is a bit dark and "gothy" but she is a good performer and certainly easy on the eyes. She's a very nice person, hope she does well.

Spent today puttering in the shop on my model airplanes, heading down to the lake in a few for some late afternoon early evening fishing.
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

we had a feels like index of 110 yesterday and it really did feel like it. I almost asphyxiated walking up to my brother's house to take care of his dog. Uphill for a third of a mile.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Wow, I totally missed this yesterday. We had my wife’s family reunion that was challenged by severe weather and Tornados. I believe all had a great time (regardless of power outages) and all made it home safely.

Rock on!

It was 109 here on Sunday! Luckily we don’t have much humidity, but it’s freaking HOT!!! 109 but felt like the surface of the sun... 😂
    "don't worry, i'm a professional!"