Thread: 2011 Deluxe with v neck vs 2017 Professional stock neck, I believe modern c

Forum Member

2011 Deluxe with v neck vs 2017 Professional stock neck, I believe modern c

I have the choice, both felt nice. However the V was a bit different. I guess I am asking g because of the differences being offered. I know what they are, but in terms of s-1 switch and pickups. Is there anything I am sacrificing that will be lost if I go with the 2017 professional? I don't want to lose out seeing as they are both the same price. The 2011 deluxe is sunburst with maple v neck and the 2017 professional is olympic white with maple neck.

Yes first post and figured I'd go right to the source, which is this forum.

Re: 2011 Deluxe with v neck vs 2017 Professional stock neck, I believe modern c

I like Strats with simpler features and a V neck so I'm not help here!

What kind of music are you playing? That will (should) affect your selection.

But really, it's like this: If you want a modern Strat that plays and sounds better than the Stratocasters of yore buy a new standard Strat under the name de' jour. If you want one de-featured and built like they did in the old days - you pay extra. It's genius marketing.

Millions and millions of guitars have been sold under the false pretense that they will make you a better player. As Kenny says, buy the one that makes you smile. If in doubt buy both and then flip the one that you don't like as much.

YMMV, IMHO and so forth.

Chuck
    Last edited by Offshore Angler; 07-11-2019 at 04:57 AM.
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    I like Strats with simpler features and a V neck so I'm not help here!
    Same here.
    "The beauty and profundity of God is more real than any mere calculation."