Thread: Is it Sunday already?

Is it Sunday already?

I can't believe it's 8:10 and nobody's posted yet - or that I'd have already driven a couple hours this morning. We stayed over in Westport last night so we could enjoy the show without rushing home, but Ann wanted to get to church this morning so we hit the road early. She's studying to become a Mormon and is supposed to get baptized next week.

4 day weekend is over before it started - not much planned for today. I can't mow the lawn. It needs it but if I cut it now it will only burn.

Have a great one!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Re: Is it Sunday already?

This is our last day of vacation! I worked on my wife's car yesterday and plan on taking it easy today.

I was up at my usual crack of dawn today - I can't help it - but I was determined to NOT be the first Sunday poster! Thanks for starting us off!

I'm exhausted after my four-day "vacation weekend!" I've been running a lot, as well as working an eight-hour shift yesterday. My legs are crying for relief! Today will be a casual day: I'm unpacking a new robot vacuum and will let it clean the house while I sit on the sofa, practice guitar, read the finish to the book I started on my cruise, and watch some afternoon baseball.

After it gets dark, if I feel more energetic, I'll go for a nice walk, hoping the thunderstorms haven't moved in to prevent it.

I was pouring my coffee this morning and I had to check my phone whether it was Sunday or Saturday. It's been an interesting week but not in a bad way. My middle brother's oldest son is staying with me until it's time to return to school in August. Last week it was my youngest brother staying with me while the delayed closing on his condo got worked out. That happened on Tuesday.

Today I'm going to start boxing up the contents of the furniture and closets of my mom's old room. My sister wants to go through her stuff to see if there was anything that my mom could still wear/use. I've been watching videos of how to remove wall to wall carpet which I will do once I get the furniture moved out.

The other night I was perusing my 'back catalog' of audio files. I took a track from 2 years ago and put down 3 tracks of overdubs. Now I'm going to practice mixing.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Cant believe how fast 4 days went by -----
    I did a half day of work Friday ---
    lots of around the house projects---- nothing that really COUNTS for much but just a bunch of little things been needing done for 6 months to a YEAR--
    had a great July 4th cook out with one of the daughters and her husband and 3 of our 5 grand kids (took all day prepping and cleaning -- and BUYING A NEW GRILL ugh ! ---but was worth it in the end--
    played a little guitar each day --- swapped out pickups in my SG ---restrung and repaired a wonky switch in my Epi LEs Paul...
    mowed the yard and trimmed--
    Hauled 500lbs of scrap metal out of the yard (old grill --smoker-- whole home package A/c unit) to the scrap yard got a whole 20.00 (ugh)

man 4 days ----- POOF
    The only time you really live fully is from thirty to sixty. The young are slaves to dreams; the old servants of regrets. Only the middle-aged have all their five senses in the keeping of their wits.
    T. Roosevelt

It was a fun day that was a day enjoying time with good friends just kickin’ back and doing really nothing. After being retired for six years I actually lose track of things I think I should get done...who cares, there’s no schedule.

We took my wife’s Corvette out for our weekly Sunday breakfast run with our friends and it’s been a fun day ever since. Tuesday my hand gets operated on for “trigger finger” and Thursday I’m supposed to be ready to play again...we’ll see.

This is my wife’s 427 Vette.

Quote Originally Posted by Laker View Post

This is my wife’s 427 Vette.
    Heh, heh, heh. "Wife's" Vette. Sure. Right. Uh-huh.

Quote Originally Posted by OldStrummer View Post
    Heh, heh, heh. "Wife's" Vette. Sure. Right. Uh-huh.

Wait for the picture of his!

I sold this one a few months back.

[IMG]IMG_0902 by robert ellwood, on Flickr[/IMG]
    What happend?
    Who let the magic smoke out?

Quote Originally Posted by CoyotesGator View Post
    Wait for the picture of his!
    No photo, but I’ve owned mine for 50 years. My wife is on her third Corvette.

No photo, but I’ve owned mine for 50 years. My wife is on her third Corvette.
    If yours is a '67, I'm green with envy. If it's a '69, well, that's different. :)

for some reason I thought his was a '63 split window with Laker side pipes, hence his screen name
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Quote Originally Posted by OldStrummer View Post
    If yours is a '67, I'm green with envy. If it's a '69, well, that's different. :)
    Mine is a '66 that I traded a new '68 ram air GTO in on. I had a '65 Vette before the Goat and found I preferred driving a Corvette. I've had other Vettes but just seemed to always hang onto the '66. It is now a 41,000 mile original. Knock-off wheels, teak steering wheel, paint, interior, etc are all original.

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    for some reason I thought his was a '63 split window with Laker side pipes, hence his screen name
    Anything before 1968 works for me (back in the day, I 'shared' a 1967 canary yellow fastback). I didn't like the switch to the Mako Shark body in '68.

Mine is a '66 that I traded a new '68 ram air GTO in on. I had a '65 Vette before the Goat and found I preferred driving a Corvette. I've had other Vettes but just seemed to always hang onto the '66. It is now a 41,000 mile original. Knock-off wheels, teak steering wheel, paint, interior, etc are all original.
    It appears we cross-posted, as I didn't see yours until just now. That is one sweet 'Vette! I approve.

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    Actually, I play Lakland basses and graduated from Lakeland University, and Live on the western shore of Lake Michigan...thus the “Laker” handle.

41,000 miles????? this does not compute----
    my 05 Ford F150 has 219,000 miles ........

perhaps I am doing something wrong here????
    The only time you really live fully is from thirty to sixty. The young are slaves to dreams; the old servants of regrets. Only the middle-aged have all their five senses in the keeping of their wits.
    T. Roosevelt