Thread: Thread for the Last Sunday in June

Thread for the Last Sunday in June

Sorry to see it's been a bit contentious on the board recently. I hope it's just the hot summer weather that's got folks a bit testy, and that cooler heads will prevail soon!

It's hard to believe that at 7:30am no one has posted on the board, yet. I mean in ANY forum! I'm rectifying that right now!

Yesterday was a very long day. Friday was an early-to-late day, and then yesterday I worked from 10-6 and then went to a colleague's for dinner. I had sore muscles and felt sleep deprived, so I sacked out and just now woke up. I'm serving communion at church today, but afterwards plan just a quick trip to the grocery store and then a lazy day on the couch, watching baseball and practicing guitar.

I hope everyone has a good day, and that we'll all end up as friends again by the end of the day!

Re: Thread for the Last Sunday in June

I feel the same way. This place has been my online home for the last couple of years, and I made several good friends here.

It’s been a calm forum from the beginning, I mean, since I joined, but now many of the guys that were more enthusiastic about TFF are gone or rarely post at all.

Since the forum was about to be shut down, by the time some of us joined in and some others came back, and we’ve been trying hard to keep it on, especially Kenny and the rest of the staff, it’s beginning to feel like our posts here, from now on, will be like cardiac massage on a patient with a straight line on the monitor.

Too bad, because the amount of knowledge and great moments shared here, especially by the older bunch who actually were “there” back in the 60’s and 70s is priceless.

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like… tears in rain.”

I must have missed the drama on the forum, it’s always been a good group of friends here, but like any group of people, sometimes someone gets a burr under their saddle.
    I started on a new project yesterday getting together with friends to create a new band. This group will play some really interesting music, not your average stuff. This is one of the tunes we worked on performed by the group the originally did it. The guitar player on the left is the leader of the new group I rehearsed with and the player on the right (wrote the song) is The late Jim Krueger, Dave Mason’s sidekick for many years. Jim wrote “We Just Disagree”, Mason’s big hit.
    Hope everyone has a great Sunday!https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yuTqBT7aNZ4

tired today, helped my brother empty the moving pod and bring everything into his new apartment. The place is huge. The living room is as big as my living room and kitchen combined. The master bedroom is bigger than my living room. The small bedroom is bigger than some apartments I've had.

weather is definitely in summer mode now and kicking butt and taking names. Got some storms to contend with, wanted to grill some chicken today not sure if I'm going to be able to do that. finally fired up the sprinkler system for the first time this year. Never have we engaged the irrigation that far into the growing season. weird wet cool spring transitioned very suddenly into hot humid stormy summer. We just got done moving my brother's stuff yesterday when the heavens opened up.

but in spite of being tired I played guitar and messed around with my recording equipment for almost 3 hours last night. I made a couple of 'aha' discoveries mostly about short cuts. Tried out a couple different way of routing my signal by daisy chaining the amp and interface, something you can only do with vintage two (or more) input style amps.

today is probably going to be laundry day and walk when i can between waves of showers and thunderstorms.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

I spent last week at a conference in Omaha and missed whatever drama unfolded. I guess I'll have to look... I was at a conference of school board association trainers and it was a blast. I've been going since 1994 and have some really great friendships in the group. I need to recover today and get ready for work tomorrow...
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Hated to see that happen but you could see it coming a mile away.

People need to lighten up and have fun. It's just a guitar forum.

Chuck
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

I had the busy kind of weekend where nothing gets done! Motocross in Southwick yesterday and Miata lawn event at the Larz Anderson museum today. It was a great way to start my vacation week.

Quote Originally Posted by Sérgio View Post
    I feel the same way. This place has been my online home for the last couple of years, and I made several good friends here.
    Sergio, I posted the link to a tune we’re working on thinking you’d enjoy it, it’s not your everyday stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Laker View Post
    Sergio, I posted the link to a tune we’re working on thinking you’d enjoy it, it’s not your everyday stuff!

I’ll check it out!

Just st watched it, pretty good indeed, it has a nice latin-fusion vibe to it.

you were on the bass, right?

Just st watched it, pretty good indeed, it has a nice latin-fusion vibe to it.

you were on the bass, right?
    No, that video is from several years ago. Jim Krueger, the writer of the song and guitar player on the right, passed away in ‘93. I am presently putting a group together with the guitar player on the left in the video. The bass player in the video also passed away around two years ago.

No, that video is from several years ago. Jim Krueger, the writer of the song and guitar player on the right, passed away in ‘93. I am presently putting a group together with the guitar player on the left in the video. The bass player in the video also passed away around two years ago.

No no, I mean in your current project.

No no, I mean in your current project.
    Yes, I’m on bass in our new project.