Thread: Happy Father's Day Sunday Thread!

Happy Father's Day Sunday Thread!

Wow - first time I've started a Sunday thread in a while. Happy Father's Day! Spent last night binge-watching Absentia on Amazon... watched all ten episodes last night. Amazon has really produced some great entertainment. This one started off a bit slow but the last five episodes really delivered!

Today we're going to my step-son's house and spending the day at trout camp that his landlord owns and give him access to. Really good fishing and a nice place for a picnic.

Have a great day!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Re: Happy Father's Day Sunday Thread!

It's a quarter-past five in the morning along Alaska's inside passage. In a couple of hours my ship will arrive in Skagway, where I'll spend most of the day aboard a train viewing (and hopefully photographing) lovely Alaskan and Canadian scenery. The sun comes up before 4:00 am and sets after 10:00 pm here these days, so there's a lot of potential for picture taking!

Happy Father's Day to all the dads on the board. I need to send a shout out to my son-in-law, who's just become a father again -- my second grandchild!

Quote Originally Posted by OldStrummer View Post

Happy Father's Day to all the dads on the board. I need to send a shout out to my son-in-law, who's just become a father again -- my second grandchild!
    Congratulations!

It's another cold, rainy day here on the western shore of Lake Michigan. We're just heading out for breakfast with our friends followed by a day of lounging around watching movies...not much else to do with this crappy weather.

been messing around more on bass than guitar. feeling it in my fretting hand, muscles aren't used to that long scale. Trying to take it easy and avoid actual injury. need to save my strength. might be having to schlep a lot of stuff in the next 10 days. My brother sold his condo and has to be out by the 27th. He may have already found an apartment which could just possibly be ready for him to move into without delay. If that's the case then I'm off the hook for prepping the house for his arrival. If he definitely has a new place in time, I'll help him move and then work on the house. I've got at most another 12 months here unless something happens before then. I'd like to get a music room fully operational to enjoy as much of that time as possible.

Saw my first bunny in my yard the other day, scared it when I tried to move a curtain to reach a window without a screen to blur the telephoto zoom shot I wanted to take. Saw it again last night this time in the front yard. Apparently bunny is the new chipmunk, they're everywhere now.

enough with the coffee, I need FOOD. Starvin Marvin needs to go to the store da cupboards are bare, bare I tell you. Better get there before all the church goers clean the place out
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    b
    Saw my first bunny in my yard the other day, scared it when I tried to move a curtain to reach a window without a screen to blur the telephoto zoom shot I wanted to take. Saw it again last night this time in the front yard. Apparently bunny is the new chipmunk, they're everywhere now.

enough with the coffee, I need FOOD. Starvin Marvin needs to go to the store da cupboards are bare, bare I tell you. Better get there before all the church goers clean the place out

We had a big bunny in our back yard in April... caught him on the game camera we have set up...

"We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by OldStrummer View Post
    It's a quarter-past five in the morning along Alaska's inside passage. In a couple of hours my ship will arrive in Skagway, where I'll spend most of the day aboard a train viewing (and hopefully photographing) lovely Alaskan and Canadian scenery. The sun comes up before 4:00 am and sets after 10:00 pm here these days, so there's a lot of potential for picture taking!

We spent a couple weeks in Juneau this time last year - had beautiful weather and had a great time! It is truly majestic!