Thread: The Sunday Thread for June 9, 2019

The Sunday Thread for June 9, 2019

Summer is upon us, it seems. I was in Minnesota this past week, and the temps were in the upper 80s! But it's good to be home, if only for a short while.

On Wednesday, I leave for Alaska on vacation. Pursuing one of my other favorite activities: photography. This will mark the 50th U.S. state I've visited. A bucket list check-off!

Yesterday I visited with family, and held my new grandson for the first time. One of life's simple joys!

Re: The Sunday Thread for June 9, 2019

bright sunny Sunday for a change. so many of the recent iterations of the day were either raining or very close to it or something else was happening. I need to hit the grocery store and if I wait until afternoon then all the Sunday shoppers will strip the shelves like a swarm of locusts. I might go hit the flea market and then the store.

Been playing a lot the last few days. Had little scare yesterday afternoon on the cellar stairs where I caught myself with my left wrist against the bottom landing wall and felt something creak. But I still went to GC later that evening to do some bass amp shopping, didn't buy anything but I may have a target. Either a particular amp or at least a price point I can live with to do research for.

craving some grilled chicken today, gotta clean the grill for the new season first (actually didn't use it once last year).
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Busy weekend! My wife needs a knee replaced so I'm taking care of most of the chores. I'm counting my blessings- I'm healthy enough to do the chores!
    I'm going to write ads to sell a couple of amps today. I've already sold one amp and 11 pedals. I already have 6 more pedals listed and have a few more and some pickups and tuners to list (gotta pay for the Dr. Z!).
    The weather's nice here! I have to go for a ride in the Miata!

Saw Secret Life of Pets 2 yesterday with the Mrs. I thought it was pretty bad - nowhere near as funny as the first one. Today I'm taking my grandson to see the Det. Pinkachu movie - not looking forward to the film, but my grandson is cool and I like hanging out with him. Then it's on to the lawn for a badly needed mowing.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

We had a wonderful day here on the Lake Michigan shore with mostly cloudy skies and mild temps. our usual group of friends got together for breakfast where many smiles and laughs were shared. I ended up pushing the Toro lawnmower (damned thing is self-propelled but the drive system decided to die) to get the lawn trimmed before it started looking like a hay field. Oh well, the new week starts a new adventure.

skies were clear last night and I was able to see 2, possibly 3 Jovian moons around the King of the planets even with my shaky one-eye vision through binoculars (monoculars for me?)
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"