Thread: Who Remembers or Has Seen

Who Remembers or Has Seen

A Cyber Twin?

Such fanfare, it lasted about 3 weeks.
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

Re: Who Remembers or Has Seen

Funny that you mention this amp. Someone is selling one locally. They said it was only used a few times. The pedal is still in the wrap. Over $1300 new. Best offer...

I’ve got a buddy who has had his a long time. He swears by it and he has some great tube amps, including a CS Twin.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

My Guitar teacher had one.

It looks like this guy wants $450 for his. There are 3 others available nearby starting at $350. Seems like a heck of an amp at that price.

Forum Member

Are they even repairable?

I don't know if they're repairable. When I bought a new Super Champ XD about 10 years ago, I figured with the 5 year warranty, I'd build it into something else if it failed after 5 years. That was only $200 new, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Angler View Post

Cyber Twin?

Such fanfare, it lasted about 3 weeks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Moore View Post
    Are they even repairable?
    '

I remember them well - and when they were launched.

Back then, each year, there was a 'Guitar Festival' held at Hunstanton, at the Town-Hall itself.

Marshall AND Fender both had 'official' stands there & Eddie Allen (back then), was regional Fender rep'

He came on stage, bestowing the 'delights' of Fender's new "top of the range" Amp (in it's class)

Back then, it was about £200.00 ($200.00) more than a brand-new 'Twin Reverb'.

Everyone there (hundreds), either gasped, 'laughed' (themselves hoarse), or just muttered "GIMMICK"

Merely "dial-in" a new set of pre-sets (master-dial) & voila, a whole new sound each time.

Too many gizmos, too much gimmickry & basically too much to go wrong, "if" it went wrong (the Amp usually didn't).

BUT,

The TRAGIC WEAKSPOT here on this Amp' (from new), was the master L.E.D. dial readout.

It just looked like an enlarged Casio-Watch from 1974-1977 = Fine when it worked, BUT......

Many started going wrong (big time wrong), so when the readout went "tits-up", you had no clue the pre-sets.

Letter 'H' looked more like a German SS sig-rune & '2' got mixed with 'P' = (You get the jist).

By this time (once it had gone wrong), the dial readout might as well be written in Egyptian Hieroglyphics !!!!!!!

That's the Amp's No.1 Achilles-Heel.

Then, of course, there are ALSO those nutty 'motor driven dials' to go wrong as well.

In short, too much gimmickry & too much un-neccessary bollocks

Did also see them in the 'Fender Frontline' (official) catalogues of the time - IIRC, it was 2004-2005.

In all honesty, personally, I'd avoid them like the bubonic-plague , unless of course, it's stupid-cheap.

Nah, I'd still avoid them, even then......

I was selling guitars when these came out. We had them alongside the Line 6 AXS (and their lower end models) and the Johnson Millennium.
    All 3 of them had their plusses and minuses. We know by now which brand won out in that field, of course.
    The Fenders sounded good on their own, but they got lost in the mix when other guitars / amps were playing.
    The Fender models of course were really good, but the other brands weren't so good.
    the Johnson IMO had good amp models, and the line 6 had good effect models, plus the AXS was IMO easier to dial things in.
    "Do you call sleeping with a guitar in your hands practicing?"
    "It is if you don't drop it."
    - Trent Lane, Daria, Episode 1-2.

I lost interest in all amps once I had my Mesa -----------speaking of which I am selling a VOX Vt20X -- barley used ...at all.......if anyone wants one
    The only time you really live fully is from thirty to sixty. The young are slaves to dreams; the old servants of regrets. Only the middle-aged have all their five senses in the keeping of their wits.
    T. Roosevelt