Thread: Can a Fender Mustang 1 V2 use a Boss FS-6 pedal + plug into a PA

Forum Member

Can a Fender Mustang 1 V2 use a Boss FS-6 pedal + plug into a PA

Hi, I am thinking of buying a Fender Mustang 1 V2 amp. I have two questions I thought I would ask rather than buy it, try it and maybe have to take it back.

I was wondering if anyone has tried using a Boss FS-6 pedal with it?
    This guy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hx-83cQUz0

Also has anyone has success in plugging it into a PA? I ask because on a different forum someone seemed to be getting too much noise.

My hope is I can plug it in the PA and use that foot pedal to switch between a lower volume clean rhythm sound and a louder volume different lead sound.

I watched one Mustang tutorial and it seems you can only switch between two saved presets. It would be cool to be able to have a standard rhythm soundand just dial up a different lead sound for certain songs from the amp while using the same foot switch and PA feed. I am guessing no amp can do that.

Thanks,
    John.

Re: Can a Fender Mustang 1 V2 use a Boss FS-6 pedal + plug into a PA

I gave a friend an old Boss FS-5 (single foot switch) to use with his Mustang 1 V2 and it worked well. I never tried it with a PA, but liked the amp.

The presets are simple. Set one up for the mild tones, and another for your hot preset. There's a gain and volume that can be set independently on EACH preset. Use a computer and FUSE program and you open up a whole new world of amps, pedals, and such. Quite a bit for a $120 investment!

The footswitch required is a standard latching single switch afair. You have only TWO presets to switch from. A red and a green. No other options. I use a Marshall copy of a single switch for channel selection. Easy stuff.....

You have a "phones" Jack that can be run into a recorder. Perhaps into a mixer as well. Don't know as I've never tried it. But...... Consider simply miking the amp to the sound system. Very easy to do. Did that all the time when I used an old Princeton amp of low wattage.

Remember this: The Mustang I v2 amp is utterly remarkable for it's size and the amount of technology it possess is incredible, however, it is a practice/bedroom amp for all intents and purposes. It is not designed for the stage. If you're seeking to use the Mustang technology on stage, buy a Mustang III. It has way more options and is powerful enough for nearly any gig one could imagine.
    I forgot what I was going to say...

what Old Ranger said xs 2
    The only time you really live fully is from thirty to sixty. The young are slaves to dreams; the old servants of regrets. Only the middle-aged have all their five senses in the keeping of their wits.
    T. Roosevelt