Thread: Thread For the Last Sunday in April, 2019

Thread For the Last Sunday in April, 2019

Good morning everyone, wherever you are! I'm posting this early because I'm about to head to the airport. I'll be spending the week in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, one of my favorite cities. Did you know Toronto is the fourth-largest city in North America?

I packed my KLŌS travel guitar (and my lessons), so when I'm not working, wandering around this marvelous city, or dining out, I'll be in my room, plunking away.

My health continues to be an issue. Every time I think I've got things under control, I get unpleasantly surprised. That's the only downer, as living out of a hotel room and having to forage restaurants for the proper food to eat can be a challenge. Oh, well. It is what it is.

Be good everyone, and have a terrific Sunday!

Re: Thread For the Last Sunday in April, 2019

Good Sunday morning! I've been playing plumber this weekend. Changed a faucet Friday night and have to fix a tub faucet today. The faucet was pretty cool, except I'm too old and fat to crawl into a tiny vanity. I really felt my age trying to get up off the floor after finishing it up. I could change a faucet on 10 minutes in the hold days; this one took over an hour. This sure made me re-dedicate myself to spending time on the treadmill. Have a great week everybody!

"We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

That reminds me- the faucet in my tub drips a little. I should repair that. Unfortunately, my back and thighs are killing me after working on the Miata yesterday.
    I'm going to organize and clean up the parts that pulled off of the Miata yesterday and order the thermostat housing o-ring and thermostat gasket that I overlooked when ordering parts for this job. A new set of spark plugs too.

OldStrummer- I had no idea that Toronto was that big!

i had dead right eye removed on Thursday the pain didn't really kick in until yesterday. I am really stiff adn walking wicked slow.

the patch on the eye makes it nearly impossible to wear glasses unless I hold them with one hand. my brother has been helping me a lot the past few days. he has to go back to work tomorrow and is out of town for a fw days. my follow up is this Thursday coming up.

the worst part by far is not being able to get down on the floor with m cat
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    That reminds me- the faucet in my tub drips a little. I should repair that. Unfortunately, my back and thighs are killing me after working on the Miata yesterday.
    I'm going to organize and clean up the parts that pulled off of the Miata yesterday and order the thermostat housing o-ring and thermostat gasket that I overlooked when ordering parts for this job. A new set of spark plugs too.

Our tub faucet drips down onto the kitchen ceiling. After I am sure the leak is fixed we're going to have to fix and repaint the kitchen ceiling.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Weather's been hit and miss here. Torrential downpours and thunderstorms, then a couple days of sunshine. Typical Texas weather. Training to shoot lefthanded now with rifles. Since the cataract on the right eye turns everything on that side out of focus despite the new glasses. Oh well...

Pulled the Epiphone ES339 out and I was stunned by the sterling tone through the Mustang I v2 amp. Been playing the Tele with it since that amp came home with me. Astonishing tone from that combination with the 339 and the Mustang amp. Brought me out of a deep slump. Had put the Tele up, and of course, left the Epiphone alone as well for a week. Was in a slump. Everything was dull, boring, and lifeless. Was contemplating selling everything and just forgetting about guitars all together. However, when I pulled the 339 out of mothballs, plugged into the little Mustang amp, things instantly improved. And that in itself, is an understatement. Glad I changed my mind and got the old Epiphone out and went to town!
    So my Sunday morning is pretty good. Lots of sunshine. Not too hot. And this little amp with the Epiphone sounds exactly like a real deal Deluxe Reverb! Doesn't get any better than that.
    I forgot what I was going to say...

Quote Originally Posted by OldStrummer View Post
    Good morning everyone, wherever you are! I'm posting this early because I'm about to head to the airport. I'll be spending the week in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, one of my favorite cities. Did you know Toronto is the fourth-largest city in North America?

Have fun in Toronto, OS! You're only going to be about four hours from where I am!

So far, I've spent the last three hours troubleshooting dishwasher issues. Basic issue is a small leak somewhere sending the whole unit into a series of error codes. I think I've got it licked - ran two cycles and hasn't thrown an error code yet. We'll see....

Then on deck, its raking time. Since we go snow so early last fall, there's still a bunch of dead leaves to get rid of. Been staying close to home since local flooding has cut off a bunch of roads in the area. Was going to go for a rip on the motorcycle this afternoon, but all my favourite routes are off-limits at the moment.

Music-wise, I had a sub gig later this month cancelled. Was filling in for my old band but they've had some sort of planning issue with the venue/organizers for that gig. Some sort of outdoor fundraising thing. If was anything like the last time we performed for this group, I could see the issues. That last time, we were out in the middle of a dusty parking lot, no power nearby, no cover (it was threatening rain) and old sheets of plywood laid on the gravel surface for a "stage". And THEN we were asked at the last minute to backline the other acts coming on after us. We had to politely decline sticking around as we had to pull up stakes and get to another gig later that day. All this for $50/man. Yikes!

Good Lord Dan! I didn't catch your post as it was already ahead of mine. The very thought of that makes me cringe. Cannot even imagine what you're going through. Hope you're able to cope with this in time and that you'll be better soon.
    I forgot what I was going to say...

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    The last time I was here (in downtown Toronto - I've been to other locales) it was a bit warmer. I just got through walking around the neighborhood; the Old City Hall, the new City Hall, and the environs. Today was "Khalsa Day," and so many of the streets were closed for the parade and onlookers. There was a sea of saffron-colored turbans and headgear, and the women wore traditional Indian (?) garb. Lots of vehicular traffic snarls and lots of pedestrian traffic.

Toronto is a vibrant city, and I understand it's the most ethnically diverse. It seems no matter where you go, there's music and entertainment. And today is Sunday! :)

Well, that was a really nice “last Sunday in April” when you consider many people to the south of us had varying amounts of snow. My wife and I did our usual breakfast run with our close friends followed up with a visit to our local annual motorcycle show to check out some nice machines and touch base with many of my scooter-pilot friends. From there it was a pleasant cruise through the countryside to hit a couple of rural clubs where friends were playing.

What a super Sunday!

Quote Originally Posted by OldStrummer View Post
    The last time I was here (in downtown Toronto - I've been to other locales) it was a bit warmer. I just got through walking around the neighborhood; the Old City Hall, the new City Hall, and the environs. Today was "Khalsa Day," and so many of the streets were closed for the parade and onlookers. There was a sea of saffron-colored turbans and headgear, and the women wore traditional Indian (?) garb. Lots of vehicular traffic snarls and lots of pedestrian traffic.

Toronto is a vibrant city, and I understand it's the most ethnically diverse. It seems no matter where you go, there's music and entertainment. And today is Sunday! :)
    Did you hear about the kaffuffle with the soldiers of Sikh origin marching in the Toronto parade in full fighting order? Apparently a cock-up at the brigade command level. Rarely ever see troops (Sikh or otherwise) marching in full fighting order in public/ceremonial. Some colonel is going to eat that order! Our minster of defence, a Sikh and a former solider himself, called it inappropriate.