Thread: Springtime Sunday morning.

Springtime Sunday morning.

I win!!! I can't believe nobodies posted the Sunday thread yet. Today I'll be busy with reviews. I got a bunch of new stuff to review and have to dig in and test some stuff. Then I have to clean stuff up in the family room which is full of boxes cables and assorted owner's manuals. Next up, an Acer laptop and Epson home theater projector. HAVE A GREAT WEEK ALL!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Re: Springtime Sunday morning.

I'd like to get mi Miata out of the garage. It was on a battery tender, yet the battery was dead. It turns out that the passenger's door was slightly open! It's been on a trickle charger since yesterday.

I neglected to mention that I bought a 1964 Silvertone 1457 guitar on Wednesday (jus the guitar, no amp in case). The guitar is in ok shape, plays well and the bridge pickup sounds great, but the neck pickup is dead. I'm going to look further into that today.

Hola amigos! Still kinda sorta winter here - much snow still on the ground, but the weather is somewhat springlike - hovering just above freezing today with lots of precipitation on the way. Was t-shirt and BBQ weather yesterday!

Gonna spend the afternoon working with my daughter on a math term project due next week. Fun! Might get around to some music later this evening. IN about a months time, I'm subbing with my old band (retired from that band in late 2017). So gotta refresh my chops on their tunes and learn any new stuff. Lotsa work for a short fill-in gig.

@Don - nice score on the Silvertone! Of all of them out there, that's my favourite model.

Good Aftermorning!

I'm sitting in the airport boarding area, waiting to catch a flight to the Windy City. It's turned into Spring here, and now I'm headed back into the teeth of a storm. I can't win!

It's a short trip, so I'm not taking my KLŌS travel guitar, but I'm doing so with regret. It's likely I'll wind up in my hotel room when I'm not working, and I may have to watch TV, instead.

My original hope was that I'd arrive early enough to catch a Cubs game, but by the time I land and get out of the airport, the game should be half over. The Cubs hit the road on Monday, so if I'm really hungering for something to so, I might catch a White Sox game. Not as fun as going to Wrigley Field, though.

Carry on...

Mass monsoons and thunderstorms finally all moved east to pummel others. Me and my surf green Tele are still an item. Managed to make my hands to cooperate to install a bone nut. Nice improvement. Replacement Mustang I v2 amp is getting broken in. But with the sunny day and mild temperature [60°F] I'm going out to shoot my beauty from Brazil. A new Taurus G2c 9mm. pistol. Along with Texas, Brazil has the finest looking women ever seen, and they make some outright great firearms. So y'all have fun.
    I forgot what I was going to say...

slept in after a fun night out last night. Took an Uber. Once again experienced a paradox of good spring weather. The crowd was lighter than usual. Lots of people were either probably out all day doing stuff and were too tired to go out, or were still out doing stuff. No problem. Better service for us and more room to dance. I discovered something about this room last night. There's a bar along the wall that I didn't know about. When the hostess asks table or bar, I thought she was talking about the bar where they pour the drinks. It was like sitting at a hightop. I could see the band over the heads of the people at the tables and the sound was fantastic.

Addendum - I got interrupted by the cat while I was typing and whoosh, 3 hours went by. Fair weather today not quite as warm as yesterday which was the first day I could go outside without a jacket or gloves. I got the rest of my christmas lights off the bushes and the lights off the porch. They all sitting on the deck waiting for me to fetch the boxes and put them away. The landscaper is probably going to start this week with the spring clean up and it is good to have this done and out of the way.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Just got in the door from our usual Bloody Mary and breakfast Sunday morning with friends. It was nice seeing a friend I’ve known for 60 years and sharing some old family photos. Temps are in the mid 30s with overcast skies so it doesn’t seem much like spring. Hopefully we’ll have some sunshine in the coming days.

Have a great week!

Saturday was National Record Store Day, we did an in-store performance at the HOG. Was a lot of fun seeing some old friends. Fishing season starts Friday, getting the boat ready. Engines are ship-shape, installing a new side-scanner and then she goes in the water this week.
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Angler View Post
    Saturday was National Record Store Day, we did an in-store performance at the HOG. Was a lot of fun seeing some old friends. Fishing season starts Friday, getting the boat ready. Engines are ship-shape, installing a new side-scanner and then she goes in the water this week.
    OA - still got that b@d@ss Ranger bass boat?
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by gibsonjunkie View Post
    OA - still got that b@d@ss Ranger bass boat?
    Nah, when I got rid of my truck I didn't have a good tow vehicle so I sold the Ranger to a young guy who seemed like he could drive it and went back to big offshore fishing.
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

Nah, when I got rid of my truck I didn't have a good tow vehicle so I sold the Ranger to a young guy who seemed like he could drive it and went back to big offshore fishing.
    Too bad... that was a a nice boat!

OA didn't you have a Bertram? I have a friend who has a 35 footer. It was a pretty old hull, but in immaculate shape.

Quote Originally Posted by gibsonjunkie View Post
    OA didn't you have a Bertram? I have a friend who has a 35 footer. It was a pretty old hull, but in immaculate shape.
    Nick, when I grow up I want to be - me!

Nick, got out for a little bit this morning. Seas were pretty flat but the temp dropped like a stone after the front came through and we had to deal with some fog. Fishing is just ramping up. Surface temp was about 50 degrees F. Big boys are on the move though, and we should be on them in a week or two.

Nick, got out for a little bit this morning. Seas were pretty flat but the temp dropped like a stone after the front came through and we had to deal with some fog. Fishing is just ramping up. Surface temp was about 50 degrees F. Big boys are on the move though, and we should be on them in a week or two.

I sure enjoyed the one time we got to fish together, Chuck. Maybe we'll get a chance to do it again!

No problem Nick. Once the weather settles out we'll be going pretty much every weekend. Go direclty from the gig to the boat, sleep on it and then leave at sunrise.

Maybe we need the TFF "Magic Boat" tour.
    Last edited by Offshore Angler; 04-20-2019 at 01:16 PM.