Thread: First Sunday of April coffee and appreciation thread

First Sunday of April coffee and appreciation thread

my goodness, it's late and no thread yet. Ok, I'll throw this one up
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Re: First Sunday of April coffee and appreciation thread

I did that because it always takes me so long to write a post these days, that 20-30 minutes can go by and then boop, somebody else started one before I sent mine in.

going to be a nice spring day here, highs in the 60s. Flea market opened today and figures I slept in until 9 o'clock. Half the vendors are probably already beginning to pack up by now.

we emptied out my mom's room at the previous facility she started at back in December. The new facility has furniture so we were able to jettison the old bed and the maintenance manager kept the recliner. It feels good to have that done and over with. Other than that I haven't gotten a whole lot done in the last few days. Been trying to get out for walks and the winds are still relentless. Whatever happened to March going out like a lamb? At least it isn't 30 degrees out.

Going to fix a coffee and head out.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Good Sunday morning. Get to play with a new Pioneer home theater receiver today. I got it from Amazon to review. Its's nice because the old one had no HDMI inputs, nor bluetooth or WiFi. This will do a lot! It even came with a microphone to automatically balance all the speakers. I love tech! The only really stupid thing is the speaker connectors are crammed into a really tiny spot and it's next to impossible to connect them - took me close to an hour... and lots of cussing. Of course if I grabbed a soldering gun and tinned the ends of the wires it would have gone a lot smoother.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

A faint glimmer of spring arrived yesterday for a few hours - long enough to haul out my motorcycle, do a bit of maintenance and go for a short spin. Hundred of other riders had the same idea! Glorious! But now back to the tail end of winter today - grey skies and threat of freezing rain storm. Got some ribs in the slow cooker and just woke up from a nap. Gonna work on some music tonight. Then back to the daily grind tomorrow.

How about that? It's Sunday evening and I'm only now getting to TFF. Yesterday, I had 20 bags of mulch delivered, so after church today, I got to work. It was hovering right around 70°, and the sun wasn't beating down, so it was the perfect day to do some "Spring cleaning" around the yard.

Man, am I tired! Lugging 20 bags of that stuff around (it was dropped on my driveway), raking up old leaves, trimming back plants, mowing the lawn, sweeping, and just generally sprucing up the place.

I'm glad it's done. It needed doing, and it's one of those "pride of home ownership" things, but Mother McCree, I'm not as young as I used to be!

Well, it’s Sunday evening and I’m sittin’ here watching 60 Minutes for the first time in, probably, two years. I guess it’s still an interesting show.

We were out for breakfast where a local motorcycle club was doing their annual brat (bratwurst) fry and it was really great to run into some really good friends. It is unfortunate that rain moved in as the day progressed so attendance might have been reduced as a result.

Beautiful weather this weekend! We went to my sister in-law's to visit with my wife's cousin from Cape Breton and his wife. It was great to see them!