Thread: It’s the Sunday Thread

It’s the Sunday Thread

Drove my F-150 to Nashville on Friday. I’m looking forward to the drive home. It’s a comfortable ride.

Had some downtime but curses: I didn’t bring my guitar.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Re: It’s the Sunday Thread

A rainy day here, but at least the temperature is tolerable (yesterday it was fabulous!). I'm "ordaining" new Elders in church this morning, so I'll be cloistered for a bit. This afternoon is anyone's guess. I'm betting the baseball game will be rained out, so it's time for me to get out the Eric Clapton Strat and re-acquaint myself with it!

It's an absolutely beautiful, sunny day here with no clouds in the sky but we're starting off the day with the temperature around 25°F. By the time breakfast ond coffee is finished we should be up to around 40°.

After watching the "Wild One" this morning I debated about pulling one of the Harleys out for the breakfast run but forgot that collision insurance isn't active yet...bummer. Hope all have a great day!

Super crappy day here. Now into Week 22 of crap weather! Snow, rain, freezing rain. Cloudy, wet. Yuck! Gonna stay in today.

Got my 2019 insurance slips for my motorcycle in the mail last week. Collision goes live tomorrow. It’ll be a while before roads will be clear enough to ride. Waaaah!

In more more interesting news - one of the first legal bricks and mortar cannabis stores in the province is opening up about three blocks from my place tomorrow morning. One of three in a city of about a million people. This has been in the works since October 2018 when cannabis was legalized in Canada. Will be interesting to see what happens. I don’t partake in that anymore (it’s been several decades) so I’m a casual bystander at best.

it was originally slated to be a rainy day here, now it looks like maybe just some showers later this afternoon and clearing off again. milder by far than even last week and certainly the week before. fingers crossed that we actually have a gradual transition this year to the warmer weather. snow banks are pretty much all that remains although I have not gone into the woods at all this winter so I have no idea what's under the trees.

My mom moved into a new facility this week and it seems to finally have my sister's seal of approval. Now that's settled I'm turning my attention to the house' contents. I originally was going to pursue a top down approach but things have changed. I'm focusing on the cellar the nexus of our 54 years of accumulating stuff during inhabitation of this domicile. Time is of the essence as I am due for surgery in 26 days and I'll be sidelined for about a month. I'm going to want to get as much done in the next 3 and a half weeks as I possibly can. I'm pretty certain that I have maybe another year possibly less left to reside here. I want to make the most of it. Effort put in today will pay huge dividends when it comes time to leave.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

It looks like its going to start off as a beautiful day then rain in the afternoon. This is my last day of vacation! I'm still on Portland time and had a hard time getting to sleep the past two nights.
    The flea market opens today. We're going to head over there in a few minutes. I might meet a woman later to buy a Roger Mayer Octavia (the rocket shaped one).

Deleated.
    I'm long winded and boring.
    Last edited by Old Ranger; 04-01-2019 at 09:15 AM.
    I forgot what I was going to say...

flea market !! thanks, Don. I completely forgot that it's probably opening this weekend. Just checked, it's next sunday and I no longer have to stay in the house because there's nobody to watch my mom. hallelujah.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Just got home from an amazing memorial service for my friend Charlie Karp. Hundreds of musicians went to the service and then they had a concert at the club Charlie played in every week. They named the stage in his honor and a whole bunch of talented musicians played. there were rumors that Keith Richards was going to show up - he was friends with Charlie and had been known to drop in and jam with him while he was alive. He never showed but lots of great playing took place.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdog View Post
    In more more interesting news - one of the first legal bricks and mortar cannabis stores in the province is opening up about three blocks from my place tomorrow morning. One of three in a city of about a million people. This has been in the works since October 2018 when cannabis was legalized in Canada. Will be interesting to see what happens. I don’t partake in that anymore (it’s been several decades) so I’m a casual bystander at best.

Quote Originally Posted by gibsonjunkie View Post
    Just got home from an amazing memorial service for my friend Charlie Karp. Hundreds of musicians went to the service and then they had a concert at the club Charlie played in every week. They named the stage in his honor and a whole bunch of talented musicians played. there were rumors that Keith Richards was going to show up - he was friends with Charlie and had been known to drop in and jam with him while he was alive. He never showed but lots of great playing took place.
    I don't know if this is related to Keef's absence, but the Stones have just cancelled/postponed their 17-stop tour due to Jagger's being ill.

i love the No No Song, especially when I've smoked a spliff and can sing along to No, no, no, no I don't (toke) anymore...
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

point of reason between tacky and tasteless

The new Heritage 530 got stage time again today. We are bonding well. Also got a possible lead on a Rickenbacker bass for stupid money. Awaiting
    more information
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    flea market !! thanks, Don. I completely forgot that it's probably opening this weekend. Just checked, it's next sunday and I no longer have to stay in the house because there's nobody to watch my mom. hallelujah.
    It was nice and sunny as we headed to the flea market 15 minutes away. When we got there it was cool, cloudy and windy and people were packing up. We browsed a bit then left just as it started raining.