Thread: The Sunday It's Spring. What's Not To Like? Thread For 3/24

The Sunday It's Spring. What's Not To Like? Thread For 3/24

I must be the earliest riser on the board. Well, I'm on the U.S. East Coast, so the time zone helps.

It's now officially Spring. Pretty soon there will be cherry blossoms. I already see daffodils, and I expect to see forsythia and crocuses (crocii?) any day now.

No church for me today, as my renewed activity (employment) with the running store has me in a meeting there this morning. Afterwards, I will be spending a lot of the day practicing my latest lesson. I came across a video of someone playing the piece, and it looks so easy when I see someone else play it. Still, I'm having trouble reading the music and playing it at the same time! I guess that's why there's the joke, "How do you get a guitarist to stop playing? Put sheet music in front of him!"

Re: The Sunday It's Spring. What's Not To Like? Thread For 3/24

Good morning all! I plan on cutting up cardboard boxes today - have a recycling bin's worth to chop up. Also need to keep working on a song - it's going well and I want to keep up the momentum. Spring is definitely around the corner! I got a set of new rims so I can put the summer tires on the Mustang without removing the all-seasons - hopefully they'll go on this week.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

milder temps are here but so is the wind. it drove me back into the house after only a few minutes yesterday. I can take cold but not wind. Got put on steroid drops for a low level inflammation of my good eye, might explain some of the sensitivity to bright lights of late. hopefully mom moves out of hospital into rehab at her new facility this week. The sooner she gets settled I can begin on the real work to declutter the house which seems to be derailed by each new medical crisis.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Like DanTheBluesMan - milder but wonder. Clear skies despite a forecast for 15cm if snow! Gah! But still a good foot or so of the white stuff on the ground - well, mostly white. And lots of ice.

Been going though my boxes boxes of PA equipment to see what I can liquidate/trade since I retired from gigging last year. Everything has sat largely untouched so time to go! Having said that, I pulled out my Presonus digital mixer to make sure it was still 100% functional and I really like using it in the studio. Has a tactile sense to it that my MOTU interface doesn’t (all controls are in the box). Thinking of keeping that since I’d get dimes on the dollar for that now.

Quote Originally Posted by OldStrummer View Post
    I must be the earliest riser on the board. Well, I'm on the U.S. East Coast, so the time zone helps. ...

more than happy to let you have the ribbon cutting honors, good man

Quote Originally Posted by OldStrummer View Post
    I guess that's why there's the joke, "How do you get a guitarist to stop playing? Put sheet music in front of him!"
    heh heh. used to be the living embodiment of that joke. I've been working on some reading every night. Mostly it's just trying to decipher a bar or two and see if they make any 'sense' to my admittedly rudimentary theory knowledge. Looking at the key signatures, running scales, looking at chords as diagrammed. Been having quite a few 'ah-hah' moments. Still trying to get the stuff on the paper to sound like the record.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Yeah, its spring here. Dog run off with his girlfriend down the road. They BOTH show up at 4PM to be fed. Well, I can't turn a critter away. Even if my dog is a deserter.

Found that eye care outside the VA system is EXPENSIVE! Exam and glasses took everything I had. Could've got a nice Strat instead. Doc said the glasses will be ok for a bit, but I have a cataract moving in on the right eye. Damn it! VA hasn't said anything about surgery either. Hell, they didn't care about my lousy vision now. That's why I went locally for help. Guess I'll just sit quietly and go blind. What are the choice do I have?

Good news though. My little concert size ukulele was delivered yesterday. I'm having tons of fun with that little thing! Got about a dozen or more chords under my belt, and yes, it does play Bach! And it will also play Lightning Hopkins as well. the little thing is really well-made and has more goodies on it then the price of it Justified. But I'm not going to complain I'm having fun.
    I forgot what I was going to say...

A few weeks ago, I splurged on a couple of pedal boards with protective flight cases. Got the guitar pedalboard all set up. I have a Line6 Relay wireless system on each board. Everything works well on the guitar pedalboard. I can't get that wireless system to work on the bass pedalboard. I've traced my connections, but I have one idea left before I have to call Sweetwater about the wireless.

Buddy is coming over today to jam. I hope I'll get everything straightened out by the time he gets here.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

We're in Portland Oregon to visit our daughter. Looks like a nice place. We're staying at my cousin's house.
    Any guitar shop recommendations?

well, the lungs are still moving and pumping so I’m still on the green side of the earth. It’s great to live through another cycle of mother nature’s plan for the seasons.

The toys will be back on the road soon...life behind the Cheddar Curtain begins again.

Well, buddy didn't come to town, so no jamming. I did figure out my wireless system, and it's so quiet and doesn't suck tone.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison