Thread: Oh, for God's sake, he's at it again!

Oh, for God's sake, he's at it again!

I was fussin' about computer stuff. Talking stupid... Changing the subject.

But, something that I've noticed. In most all the movies I watch, just about everybody's dead! Only a few rare ones with a child in it are the only ones alive today. The Magnificent Seven. All dead now. Operation Pacific, all dead. The Big Sleep. Rio Grande. All gone....

See, I watch movies here. Digital antennas don't work right, so there's no TV seen here. Remote area and everyone else had satellite. Can't afford one. So I watch movies here, and everyone is deceased. I do see some new ones, but rarely. They got most still above ground. But I don't care much for new stuff. Stuff made in the 80's I still consider pretty new films. From the 50's up through the 70's I remember premiers like yesterday still.
    Last edited by Old Ranger; 03-05-2019 at 09:50 PM. Reason: First post was idiotic!
    I forgot what I was going to say...

Forum Member

Re: Oh, for God's sake, he's at it again!

Old Ranger, maybe I should send you the box of VHS tapes an old codger gave me years ago. They are mostly classics!

Bill, I appreciate the thought. My VHS player died last year. And I have about 200 tapes or so. Oh well. The laptop computer suffered an in-flight accident last night when it struck the corner of the refrigerator at about Mach 4 with his hair on fire. Technical Electronics and such, especially computers, appear to have a very short lifespan in my world. A toasted Twin, or a melted Marshall, offer no issues to me whatsoever. Perhaps is because I'm trained on those things.

So I am now down to a 12 year old notebook computer and a smart ass phone. That's it. I was going to record last night when the laptop suddenly just flew into the air across the room at high speed I'm not sure how that happened. I think if I require any recording, I'll just do it on tape. Again, something that I'm trained on. I'm too old for all the other modern-day crap.

HA! Smart ASS PHONE -- love it!
    -- sshh mine are listening in as we speak!!
    The only time you really live fully is from thirty to sixty. The young are slaves to dreams; the old servants of regrets. Only the middle-aged have all their five senses in the keeping of their wits.
    T. Roosevelt

Yup, this one replaced the one that worked ok, but got broke by a cat knocking stuff off a shelf. It died by accidental cat maneuvers. The one before it though, took flight after an argument that ended up being involved in a fatal crash. Apparently, most of my new fangled electronics never went to flight school, nor do they wear ballistic armour.

Funny, this afternoon I tried to get info on the Tele pickup on order but there was no signal. After 20 minutes of fussin and cussin, I turn it off and walked away. Couple hours later I came in from hanging out with my last remaining dog, and his running buddy cat. Sat down with a rum & coke, and turned the phone on. Boom! Instant 4G LTE whatever that means, but the thing worked.
    As always, the smartass phone does as it pleases.