Thread: First Sunday in March

First Sunday in March

Ya got cats? I do. Five. Three inside and two outside. One, a large Norwegian Forest Cat, enjoys climbing up on everything and knocking stuff down. And at any time of the day. Been up since the 4:30AM crash... Oh well.....

Raining here. Not surprised as it's monsoon season here in east Texas. Thank goodness for the new Fender Mustang I v2 amp! In a house where I can walk 7 paces from the bedroom to the kitchen, and two more to the living room, well you get the picture... Small place.

Going to grind and brew some dark roast coffee now. Thanks stupid cat for the wake up call of crashing stuff....

Y'all have fun...
    I forgot what I was going to say...

Re: First Sunday in March

Disregard post... Another reason I don't post often I guess. Someone else is already there.
    I forgot what I was going to say...

Up early here and watching “72 Hours: True Crime” (Sunday morning so not much else on).

After six weeks of winter storms and 55” of snowfall I think we finally have a week of sunny but cold days ahead. Yippee! I’ve burned up around four gallons of gas in the snowblower and had a snow shovel in my hands for what feels like every other day so I’m looking forward to this reprieve from Mother Nature.

A Bloody Mary or three is in my immediate future followed by a hearty breakfast washed down with some hot, strong, black coffee. Have a great day...I think I will.

Rainy here as well, though not exactly cold... 77 Fahrenheit.

Worked all day yesterday. Woke up late this morning, had my usual 3 cups of black coffee and went to the gym for a slow workout.

Lunch is about to be here (ordered some galinha caipira - I think the best translation would be redneck Chicken Stew - with mashed potatoes and cooked rice, a very popular meal here). After that I'll work on some allegations for a couple more hours and pick up the guitar for some home practice.

cloudy but not too cold sunday here, precursor of potential nor'easter. I spent most of my birthday yesterday doing laundry. My brother offered to take me out but I didn't really feel like going out so we hung out at my place and watched a movie and drank beer.

not much going on. my mom got a bed at a rehab facility and I'll be visiting later today. I've got to get a walk in before the storm, tomorrow I probably won't leave the house until Tuesday morning.

I've barely lifted a shovel this winter, my landscaper has been taking care of the frozen crap precipitation passing as snow for this winter. We got powder this week for what seems like the first time this season. Whatever we got from this storm will be heavy and wet then the freezer door opens and the world becomes hard and white. But DLS next week, yay. worth losing an hour's sleep for more daylight in the afternoon. They should just leave it there.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Pretty lazy weekend up here in the Deep North. Had a party to go to last night, got home late, so slept in and slightly hung over today. Did a few chores, errands and had a rare afternoon nap. Now down in my lair just about to pick up a guitar and do something with it!

It's what, less than three weeks until spring...a week away from the time change...and there's still 2+ feet of snow on the ground. Ugh. Cold and bright today. Again.