Thread: Last Sunday In February Thread

Last Sunday In February Thread

It's raining in torrents here, but thankfully, it's not snow! In fact, the expected high today is 64°! That should take care of the remaining snirt (snow+dirt). At least for the while (we're not out of the way of more snow just yet).

I'm putting in a day at the running store today and then an all-hands meeting this evening. That will pretty much blow through my Sunday. Tuesday I have my physical and then Wednesday starts my month of travel. I'll hit Boston, St. Petersburg, and St. Paul before mid-March. It's a good thing I like my job and like to travel!

Last evening I played my Telecaster Classic Triple Player (the one with three Nocaster bridge pickups) and put down my pick. Zounds! That ringy, zingy sound came forth like nobody's business! That's the way I used to play before I started taking lessons. I returned to the pick and the "sound" just wasn't there. So, back to using my fingers for the remainder of the night. I'll use a pick for my lesson materials, but it's nice to know I can "make my own sound" if I want!

Re: Last Sunday In February Thread

Talk about wacky weather; we’re getting it. I spent yesterday driving to Chicago and home again in upper thirties temperatures with occasional rain showers. Today we have thirty degrees and snow with 25-40 mph sustained winds with gusts to 60mph. Glad it wasn’t like this yesterday.

I think it’s a good day to spend some time behind the drum kit to work off the frustrations of winter.

It's raining here. I think I might have a lazy day. Maybe play a little guitar.

Hanging out with Mom until 12 noon and then heading home. Even though she is seriously ill, we laugh and talk a lot. She’s my hero.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Forum Member

Flu.

Monsoons moved on east yesterday. Now, at 9:15 a.m., its 50°F and full sunshine
    I have an audience with my granddaughter, Her husband, and their new baby. Child was born Jan 2, but they have an extreme social schedule that doesn't include a chatty old man. So I guess when I asked if I might see my great granddaughter before her high school graduation, I was told that I could visit from noon till 3. Yes, such a busy schedule. At least I can give them their Christmas presents that have been in my trunk since last year! Oh, and they live about 20 min from here. Oh well....

Me and my surf green Tele been having fun. A joy to finger pick and play classical stuff, and of course my very own style I call "Armadillo Vespers Music", a combination of classical, blues, and fusion. Sorta like Andre Segovia meets John Lee Hooker in a Beatnik bar of the early 60's. Ya gotta hear it to understand I guess.

Well, off to hit the shower and shave. I'll soon be off to the "Prairie Palace" to be received by the royal family....

Y'all have fun, Stay warm, dry, and out of trouble.
    I forgot what I was going to say...

Beautiful sunny cold day yesterday. Snowshoed into the cottage for a quick overnight visit. Quite toasty with a few hard rock maple logs on the fire. Snow was hip deep - that I found out when I went to the woodpile without snowshoes!!

But today, freezing rain earlier , now raining and more snow later. Yuck. Listening to Neil Young Harvest on the turntable. - from a stash of LPs the in-laws dropped off today.

Gonna play some guitar later and muss about with the Helix. Also need to figure out some pedal steel parts for I Am The Walrus. Yes, you heard that right! I may post some recordings!

cold and rainy but no shoveling necessary so I ain't complaining

my mom's been hospitalized all week, siblings blowing up phone with text messages. I had to recuse myself from my buddies' text thread last night because there were just too many texts to deal with. Not a lot got done this week.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Holy crap...we just got in the door from a breakfast run to our favorite country restaurant and the wind is blowing the snow across the road to the point that you cannot tell if there is a road in front of you or a car is coming towards you. I am very happy to be home and think a martini will be poured at an earlier point than anticipated today!