Thread: The "So Who's Doing Sunday" Thread For February 10

The "So Who's Doing Sunday" Thread For February 10

Amazing. Here it is 8:00 a.m. (local time) and there's still no "Sunday" thread. I guess it's up to me to start one...

A routine day for me except for the congregational meeting we're having at church today. I may finally get to rotate off session (standard term is three years, I've gone four so far...). And there's pizza!

On my practice list for today: minor enharmonic scales, through the Cycle of Fourths. Lessons can be both fun, educational and boring all at the same time!

Cold, indoor weather today. How's it for everyone else?

Re: The "So Who's Doing Sunday" Thread For February 10

Fair weather here, had a very tough week and no band practice today, which means I don’t have to hit the road. Having my usual 4th cup of coffee with buttered oregan toast.

later I’ll be trying to figure out some jazz chords on the guitar and then have a beer watching soccer.

Forum Member

Rainy here Southwest of Austin. 40º and 88% humidity with rain. I'd rather 30º and no humidity in the mountains. Sucks to be downstream. Oh well. house cleaning and cooking will be more the order of the day and later the kids are all coming over.

Yup, rain off and on here. 38°F, and I've been cooped up in my little cracker box too long! If I don't see and feel the sun soon I'm going to flip out... Loading up pistol ammo of various calibers. Re-configuring my little black rifles. They're like Erectorsets. Researching stuff. Wailing on my new Tele.... Anything to take my mind off the putrid weather!
    But the Tele running through the Marshall does help... Inspired a whole new attitude. No longer thinking minimalist about instruments. I now want a series of Squier Bullets! Mustang, Strat, and anything else Bullet related. Told y'all I'm going nuts here....
    Ohhhh. I need more coffee!
    I forgot what I was going to say...

It's pretty cold here. My wife has been having back issues. I left a jam session early to help her get out of a chair on Friday night. We almost had to cal 911! She seems to be doing a little better now. I had a horrible sore throat on Thursday. That's turned into an annoying head cold. We're supposed to go to my nephew's birthday party, but Joanne won't be comfortable sitting and I don't know if my brother and his wife want me giving his kids this cold.

It's a cloudy 25°F day here with a slight chance of snow so just a typical winter day. Last week we had a 33° day with rain that was followed by a couple of below zero days so everything has a light coating of ice on it. It gives the trees and bushes a neat effect near sunset when they seem to glow as a result of the ice on them.

Nothing musical here today except to prepare a couple of new tunes for our weekly jam session that has been canceled the last two weeks because of winter storms.

attempting to start a new routine here. been way too irregular in sleeping habits and it is affecting me body and mind. got up this morning and made myself a huge (by my standards anyway) breakfast of potato O'Brien, english muffin and OJ. going to try to get a walk in if the wind isn't too fierce like it was yesterday. Cold I can deal with, not so much with wind.

made a tiny step toward clearing the spare bedroom, literally one relatively small box. Only a few dozen more to go. March of a thousand steps starts with one mile or something like that.

*edit* I finally got my stereo wired up and the desk pushed back to its rightful spot. Hallelujah and pass the ammunition. That was far too long in coming but it's finally done. OMG i have room in here again. wow. Now to remember why I wanted to move the bookcase and bring in the tall case from the other room.
    Last edited by DanTheBluesMan; 02-10-2019 at 01:46 PM.

Another cold one here today...sunny, though. That’s supposed to change by Tuesday when we’re supposed to get another 40cm (15”) of snow in 24 hours. Add that to the 215cm (85 inches) we’ve already gotten and I think I’m done with winter this year! Gonna hibernate with my guitars and a few more cups of coffee and lay some stuff down in Logic. Got a call to sub in on bass with my old band so also have to shed some new tubes they’ve added to the set list.

edit: just got back in from some errands and brought home a Line 6 Helix LY (rented for a month) to round out some recording stuff I’m working on.
    Last edited by dirtdog; 02-10-2019 at 01:39 PM.