Thread: 25th Birthday present for the Red Strat

25th Birthday present for the Red Strat

So, as I posted before, I had ordered a new prewired kit for my Red Strat, which is a Brazilian made early 90s Fender (Southern Cross series).

It has Fender Fat 50s on it, but the pots, caps and wires were really poor quality. This series was made under license and the pickguards were made and loaded in Korea, by Cortek (later Cort), at Fender's request. This guitar is lke a halfbreed between a Mexican Fender and an Asian Squier, the electrics being its Aquiles heel, so to speak.

All right, since I really love this guitar, having had memorable moments with it, I chose to give it some GOOD stuff and decided to go Emerson Custom on it.

Talked to Mitch at Emerson about the pickguard dimensions and measurings, and chose a blender 5-way kit, not exactly because of the blender, but because I like to have a máster volume and a master tone.

250k Custom made pots, paper in oil Emerson classic capacitor, and a 5 way Oak Grigsby switch are the contents here.

The job was done today. Can't wait to take it home and try it.

Happy 25, girl!
    Last edited by S. Cane; 02-08-2019 at 08:46 AM. Reason: Dead links

Re: 25th Birthday present for the Red Strat

that looks AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    whats it sound like---I was looking at an emerson drop in upgrade for my P bass
    The only time you really live fully is from thirty to sixty. The young are slaves to dreams; the old servants of regrets. Only the middle-aged have all their five senses in the keeping of their wits.
    T. Roosevelt