Thread: Cork sniffers in the firearms forums

Cork sniffers in the firearms forums

Today, I posted a thread in a gun forum, actually an ammunition reloading forum, about a certain cartridge that I used in one of my rifles. I had stated that this was my number one rifle, and that the ammunition I built for it was with a powder I had never used before. Basically I was stating that I was quite pleased with this new gunpowder. But one of the moderators there, said that my rifle was not a real Model 92, since it was not a Winchester. I am quite proud to say that my Rossi was manufactured in the country where my little brother lives, Brazil. It is an excellent firearm, and is designated as a model 92. Yet this moderator insisted that I did not have a model 92 lever action 357 carbine. He based this solely upon his "belief", and I say that loosley, that if it's not a Winchester it's not a rifle. Sounds like the guys over at MLP that whine about and Epiphone Les Paul not being a real Les Paul since it's not made by Gibson. Same stoic cork sniffing mentality.

So sad... And my Brazilian carbine is my baby, and I can stand there at 50 meters and put EVERY round in a group the size of a tennis ball. Bet that old snot can't do that! Ha! To quote Doc Holliday " He can kiss my Rebel ****." I hate snobs.... Glad we have none here.

Rant over... you may now return the stewardess to the upright position and enjoy the flight!
    I forgot what I was going to say...

Forum Member

Re: Cork sniffers in the firearms forums

Ranger, back in the early days of the "wonder nines", my buddy Bob, (a deputy), was wanting to "step up" from his Python. I had traded for a Beretta, but I wasn't really fond of it, and let him borrow it for a while. He liked it OK, but I needed to get what I had in it, (and he was a cheapskate). He talked a local dealer into trying out a Taurus copy, and eventually bought it. He carried that gun until he retired, and when he died his boy started carrying it.
    Nothing wrong with Brazilian firearms, I'll bet you find them a majority with the "Cowboy" shooters!

I have a Norinco 22ATD copy of a Browning, MIC. It was my first 22, and to this day can hit a squirrel with its open sights at 100 yards, no bull! It ain’t as nice as the Browning, and I honestly don’t know what size groups it shoots. What I do know is that I love it so much! Had it 30 years now and don’t give a rip what others think of it. Ain’t for sale, its sentimental value is priceless. I have several other very nice 22’s, which I enjoy very much, but it was my first and always brings a smile to my face.
    "don't worry, i'm a professional!"

Good to know you got a Rossi, older Brother. Those are excellent Rifles, my father owned two, one in .357 and one in .38 spl.

Cork sniffers... I own a Brazilian made Fender Strat and every once in a while I get some whining about it not being a “real Fender”. I just laugh. Yes, it is made by Giannini, a Brazilian guitar making company, under Fender’s license and supervision, but when I’m on the stage, all I know is that it is a strat and got 6 strings.

Sérgio, this Rossi is made by Taurus in the Rossi plant by their employees. And I absolutely love it! Best shooting rifle I have. And I'll never sell or trade it. And my 1911A1 .45ACP is a Springfield Armory make, and it's parts are all made in Brazil! Yeah! Put together in th U.S., but I can feel the Brazilian breeze everytime I shoot it. So younger brother, my best shooters are from your homeland. That's cool.

The administrator of the site been messaging me for two days about this asking me and my friend not to quit. Told him his moderator has a big mouth and I'd love to shut it for him with a left hook and an uppercut. And two others these openly challenged or attacked me in other threads. I don't argue in a forum. Its foolish. I mean what are they gonna do, bust a Cap lock in my ass? I believe that I'm a bit more mature than that. I strongly believe that acting like a brat in public is very degrading. I prefer to be an adult.

However, I still want every Squier Bullet made!!

My hypocrisy goes only so far. Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ranger View Post
    The administrator of the site been messaging me for two days about this asking me and my friend not to quit. Told him his moderator has a big mouth and I'd love to shut it for him with a left hook and an uppercut. And two others these openly challenged or attacked me in other threads. I don't argue in a forum. Its foolish. I mean what are they gonna do, bust a Cap lock in my ass? I believe that I'm a bit more mature than that. I strongly believe that acting like a brat in public is very degrading. I prefer to be an adult.

However, I still want every Squier Bullet made!!

My hypocrisy goes only so far. Ha!
    Sometimes it's tough to stay in certain forums, people can be real stupid.

That's why this one is my all time favorite. I really like how we all participate and avoid major unpleasantnesses... The staff here is really cool, Kenny, Cogs, pc and the others are great guys.

You should have told the old codger that Whinchester never built a model 92 either! It's a model 1892, model 92 is just the shortened version we all have used for ever but it is not the trademarked name. Funny enough that he should complain. A few years ago I went to a local gun show where they were selling raffle tickets on both a Rossi and a Whinchester, both a .44-40 I think, maybe not, anyway as a Luthier of Acoustic guitars since 1977 I instantly noticed the how perfect the wood fit to the tang as well as on every other part. The Whinchester which was supposedly a special reissue, I really don't remember the specs but it was embarrassing how bad the fit up was. If I had won I would have left the Whinchester Model 1892 and taken the Rossi model 92 !!! I was attracted to the booth because I own a 1915(according to the serial #) Model 1892 Saddle Ring Carbine .44-40. Recently my local dealer found me a barely affordable Colt Pistol in .44-40. I was gifted the rifle by a friend that was moving out of the country.

The old coot was so fixated on his Winchester it wouldn't have mattered. His was a clear case of brand snobbery and such. Just a mouthy old fool. My friend and I just left that forum, and the administration guy knows why.

Fortunately, that sort of thing here is more rare than a new in the box 1965 Fender Twin amp unopened with all the paperwork. And I don't mean a reissue either! So, I'll just hang out here and spend time with good folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ranger View Post
    The old coot was so fixated on his Winchester it wouldn't have mattered. His was a clear case of brand snobbery and such. Just a mouthy old fool. My friend and I just left that forum, and the administration guy knows why.

Fortunately, that sort of thing here is more rare than a new in the box 1965 Fender Twin amp unopened with all the paperwork. And I don't mean a reissue either! So, I'll just hang out here and spend time with good folks.
    You're always welcome, and I'm glad you're active here, brother!