Thread: The First Sunday of Spring (According to The Groundhog) Thread

The First Sunday of Spring (According to The Groundhog) Thread

Yes, it's going to be an early Spring, says the Groundhog.

He's been wrong every years for decades, though. So why are we to believe him?

An early morning meeting with the gang at the running store this morning. Then a lazy Sunday. Plans to NOT watch the Super Bowl.

I'm in a small rut. I avoided practicing both guitar AND bass yesterday. I'm not going to get better that way. Today...?

Re: The First Sunday of Spring (According to The Groundhog) Thread

It's a really weird week here behind the Cheddar Curtain. The temperature this morning is 36°F with fog while four days ago it was -21°F. That's a 57° change if four days, friends. Along with the subzero temps we acquired around 12" of that fine, grainy snow that, along with 35 mph winds causing huge snowdrifts that turned the roads into absolute skating ponds. We canceled our Thursday evening open mic night to keep our friends and guests off of those roads. Only 47 days or so until Spring.

I think spring is due to arrive here tomorrow- for a couple of days anyway. I have to finish a wiring project in the garage then watch the Super bowl. I'll practice a bit in between. That's about it for today.

Forum Member

BELIEVE THE SQUIRREL.

He's smarter than most weathermen.

After more than a week or so of being so ill and unable to do much of nuthin, I'm relieved that I'm better. Today, my plans are easy. Gonna play the crap outta my new Tele! Maybe go out and shoot a bit on my range. The temp here is a balmy 61°F and overcast. Supposed to reach 70 in the afternoon. Another reason I don't live up north.

As to taking a break from practice and such.. My buddy, Ted, says to put down your guitar and go huntin. Get as far from the pavement and in a week or longer, dive into your instrument, fully recharged, and create sonic bombast! Works for me, though I don't hunt any longer, but I still blast various other things in the woods... But not today... It's go wail on the Tele today!

And I have no TV, but even if I did, I wouldn't watch those overpaid, egotistical, politically motivated muscle heads kneeling for the National Anthem if they paid ME to!
    But today's a good day for??? Yup! Tele wailing!
    I forgot what I was going to say...

Same as Old Ranger... no Super Bowel ( only realized yesterday that it's this wknd). Also going to spend some time dialing in tones on my new Telecaster. My wife is at work till 7pm so I plan to do some RC rock-crawling with my buddy a little later. Scale RC is great fun! Take care and best of health to y'all.

I'm with OS, OR and HPD no unsuperbowl for me those ass hats have never had my support, never will! I'm gonna hang with my youngest. daughter do some shopping. Have a great Sunday all be easy!

Regarding your expressed disgust for Superbowl, just out of curiosity, do you guys like/support/follow college Football or any other league outside the professional mainstream?

Or baseball, perhaps?

I like baseball.

Full-on winter day up here. Cold and blowing snowstorm - will add a few more inches to the four inches we got yesterday. And add to the couple of feet we’ve gotten since November. Gonna stay inside and play some music today - drums, guitar AND bass! Been working up some ideas for a concept album a buddy and I want to execute this year. Kinda like a score for a film that will never get made!

Watching Super Bowl would mean having to leave the house - we cut the cable a long time ago. And I don’t see myself leaving the house today! Bad enough that I’ll have to venture out in the freezing rain storm forecasted for tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Sérgio View Post
    Regarding your expressed disgust for Superbowl, just out of curiosity, do you guys like/support/follow college Football or any other league outside the professional mainstream?

Or baseball, perhaps?

I like baseball.
    Baseball is the first sport I played, and I love the game! I played tennis when I was younger, but I don't watch it anymore. I say "Baseball is a thinking man's game. Football is a drinking man's game."

College sports are the minor leagues. Not interested in them, either.

Other than baseball, I'm only interested in sports I can do. I run, not watch running events. Most athletic events these days are to me, "thugs and drugs."

It’s been a rough week, and this week will be just as hard. My mother has been diagnosed with brain cancer and will have surgery on Friday. I’m very close to her so my heart is breaking. I had a wreck last week. And tomorrow, I have to put to sleep the last of my dogs. She’s 14 and can hardly get up. She’s suffering and it’s time.

Band practice today. Maybe it’ll take my mind off things.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

sitting here wondering if I'm sick. I was out of the house almost all day yesterday, met with some college buddies, caught a hockey game (we lost )

My friend's car wouldn't start, had to call AAA, didn't get home until midnight. Unfortunately, I'm freezing my ass off this morning, sitting with a fleece blanket around my shoulders trying to warm up. It's not even that cold outside, 31 and cloudy. Afraid I'm coming down with something and today there is a birthday party/superbowl party i wanted to go to. going to eat something and hope that makes me feel better. I stayed up kind of late last night think I went to bed around 330. hope I'm just tired and not sick.

Or baseball, perhaps?

I like baseball.
    Hockey for me - grew up playing the game - but I also follow the Dakar, Redbull Hard Enduro, some MotoGP and F1.

Or baseball, perhaps?

I like baseball.
    Sergio, if there is a sport I support I would say that I too am a hockey fan because you have to be good on skates before you can even consider playing the game.. Baseball puts me to sleep along with golf, tennis, badminton, basketball and just about any other professional sport that features grossly overpaid men playing a child's run and jump kind of game.

Man, willie - that sure has been a rough week! Hope things go well for your mom’s surgery. Maybe stay off the roads for a few days, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    It’s been a rough week, and this week will be just as hard. My mother has been diagnosed with brain cancer and will have surgery on Friday. I’m very close to her so my heart is breaking. I had a wreck last week. And tomorrow, I have to put to sleep the last of my dogs. She’s 14 and can hardly get up. She’s suffering and it’s time.

Band practice today. Maybe it’ll take my mind off things.

Stay strong for her my friend. Prayers from here!

Thanks, guys.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison