Thread: Dave Gilmour Selling The Black Strat and Other Gear

Dave Gilmour Selling The Black Strat and Other Gear

Nice interview. His take on guitars as "tools" is interesting, and I think he's right.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...uction-779721/
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Re: Dave Gilmour Selling The Black Strat and Other Gear

Yeah, I saw that. It's not only The Black Strat that's going, but Strat 0001, the Wish You Were Here Martin D-18, '55 Gibson LP Goldtop (Another Brick in the Wall solo) and another 120 or so pieces.
    I'm torn on this. Part of me gets that this basically is saying he's essentially done making music.
    Part wants these guitars and equipment to be out there, but most of them will be going to collectors or museums, likely never to be played again, unless it's Joe Bonamassa (though he usually doesn't go as much for the celebrity owned ones) or maybe Jim Ersay of the Indianapolis Colts. He's already got a pretty impressive collection - Beatles guitars, at least one Jerry Garcia, I think he has an Elvis guitar, etc. and most of them are lent out on occasion to be played and heard.
    I would sort of like to see Strat 0001 to go to Fender, the WYWH Martin to them - that guitar was in an advertisement for them a few years ago, and so on.
    "Do you call sleeping with a guitar in your hands practicing?"
    "It is if you don't drop it."
    - Trent Lane, Daria, Episode 1-2.

Only the strong like Commander Keef keep rockin'!

He’s not finished with music. He’s recording an album and plans to take it on the road.

There’s a recent documentary on him called Winds of something. I found it on you tube and it’s very good.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    He’s not finished with music. He’s recording an album and plans to take it on the road.

There’s a recent documentary on him called Winds of something. I found it on you tube and it’s very good.

Very good to know he's not. But, still, I think Keef is much more rock hard on keeping it all "alive", even to this day.

Here’s a lovely video of Gilmour talking about his famous gutars.