Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What Bass Amp(s) Do You Use

Re: What Bass Amp(s) Do You Use

Make sure your pictures are in the same location on your photo hosting site. When I moved some photos from folder to folder, the links didn't work anymore.
    "When You're Riding Down the Highway at Night, And You're Feeling that Wild Turkey's Bite" ZZ Top

In the house I have a Fender Rumble 25. At low volumes its entirely adequate for bedroom play. For band purposes I have a Hardtke LH500 running two Avatar speaker cabs; 1 2X10" cab with Neos atop a 1X15" cab with a horn. This is a great sounding combo when big bass sound and volume is needed.
    Born in Fullerton, California in 1952

Forum Member

Rumble Studio 40 bought 2weeks ago. I think it's great. I think a person could play a low b with this Amp, no problem.
    amazing!

Forum Member

Mesa Boogie T-100 Head
    Quilter Bass Block 802 Head
    Fender Rumble 800 Head

2 x 15 cab
    1 x 15 cab

Forum Member

Ampeg Micro CL... at-home, in studio, and on-stage.

Never needed it above "3," and it sounds awesome. That includes practice and stage performance, with a PA mic for stage.

I have run SVT-3 pro and SVT 4 through David Eden 1x15 and 4x10 cabinets, I have run Mesa Boogie gear in many combinations, but the Micro is hands-down the best.

Light weight, simple, and cheap AF.

Cheap gear, today, is miles ahead of expensive gear of yesteryear.

Forum Member

I have a Bassman 100 and a Rumble 800 Stage. I have a PJB Double 4 and a GK MB 800. I'm looking for a limiter compressor I can use with the rumble stage 800. Anyone have any suggestions?

Since my post #82, I have semi-retired my Rumble 25 in my spare bedroom/music room in favor of my new Ampeg Micro-CL 2X10-inch 100 watt bass stack. A lot more volume and air moving than the Rumble, but with the same floor footprint. It wasn't cheap at $464.39 delivered from Sweetwater, but it is very much worth the expense.

This one...

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...att-bass-stack
    Born in Fullerton, California in 1952

Cool one to score. That's what I ought to have in my studio. A few years back, when I was gigging, I got a dream amp, an Ampeg V4B and an Ampeg Heritage cab. A player with serious club experience told me it was the best sounding bass set up he'd ever heard. But now I've got arthritis to the point that I won't be doing long gigs. I could do twenty minutes, but even that would cause me pain for days. So I'm planning on selling out and just keeping the two Rumbles I have, a 40 and a 350. They're great amps, and with great DIs, I don't need to worry about it anymore. Besides the 350 can get quite loud.

So, I like that Micro you got. Shit yeah.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

point of reason between tacky and tasteless

After getting a couple patches dialed in, I’m 99% on a Helix. My gigs all have sound support, so it’s a direct DI to the board with IEMs. At home, I have a pair of 1600 watt FRFRs. I can move air if I want to.
    Mark