Thread: Family Pics, Anyone?

Family Pics, Anyone?

Haven't posted here in what seems like forever...have I shared my family pics at all before? Hell, I don't remember.

Let's see 'em!!!

-MIM Custom Classic Strat with my handwired Deluxe Reverb Reproduction
    -Squier Classic Vibe ‘50s Tele with my handwired Princeton Reverb Reproduction
    -Ibanez AF-75 with my handwired Hot Rod Tweed Super

Each amp loves these guitars and are my favorite pairings.

Last edited by NTBluesGuitar; 02-02-2019 at 02:34 PM.
    "...pray do not imagine that those who make the noise are the only inhabitants of the field;
    that, of course, they are many in number; or that, after all, they are other than the little,
    shriveled, meagre, hopping, though loud and troublesome, insects of the hour."

-Edmund Burke

Re: Family Pics, Anyone?

I keep wanting to get all the kids together for a family portrait, but wrangling them all together usually proves too much of a burden. Some day...

So, here are a few pix, shot separately.

Taken before I added the G&L Tribute Legacy.

The Teles don't sit still long enough for a group shot.

I have a few Gibbies, too.

Oh, yeah I have a couple of 12-strings, too. But the site limits me to ten images.

Say "cheese."

AMPS AMPS AMPS!!!

"...pray do not imagine that those who make the noise are the only inhabitants of the field;
    that, of course, they are many in number; or that, after all, they are other than the little,

-Edmund Burke

Whoops, I didn't pay attention to the forum.

Okay, I'll try to gather the other side of the family and see what comes about.

OK, trying to redeem my earlier faux pas, here is a photo of my amp "family." Maybe two.

L-R: Behringer GX112, Fender Mustang 2 v2, Fender Champion 40, Monoprice 15-W Combo Tube w/ 1x12 Celestion speaker.
    Top: VOX AC2 RhythmVOX, Line6 AMPLIFi 30

I think all my amps are in this phtot.

Last edited by gibsonjunkie; 05-18-2019 at 02:33 PM.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Nice - love the Green Eagle on the far right. I have had the pleasure of listening to the unit you built for Kevin up in Canada - I played many, many gigs with him and that amp!

I never did get my DRRI over to you for a rebuild. Sold it a few years ago...

Quote Originally Posted by NTBluesGuitar View Post
    Haven't posted here in what seems like forever...have I shared my family pics at all before? Hell, I don't remember.

Let's see 'em!!!

-MIM Custom Classic Strat with my handwired Deluxe Reverb Reproductino
    -Squier Classic Vibe ‘50s Tele with my handwired Princeton Reverb Reproduction
    -Ibanez AF-75 with my handwired Hot Rod Tweed Super

Each amp loves these guitars and are my favorite pairings.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdog View Post
    Nice - love the Green Eagle on the far right. I have had the pleasure of listening to the unit you built for Kevin up in Canada - I played many, many gigs with him and that amp!
    Good ol' Kevin! Makes me happy that they get some good usage.

-Edmund Burke

Forum Member

I guess my amps are in two groups:
    The pedal steel group:

Twin clone with 15" EV SRO, Music Man RD115 One Hundred with EVM15-L. Also in the pic is an extension cab with a JBL K130.

And the six string lap steel group:

DR clone with 60's Jensen "Concert" speaker, 5E3 clone with Weber Alnico, 56 Les Paul GA-40 with Weber Alnico, and my 60's Airline I've had since 1968, (it also has a Weber Alnico.)

Sweet - now I've gotta get my sheet together and post my pedal and lap steel amps! Not quite as exciting as Bill's group!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Moore View Post
    I guess my amps are in two groups:
    The pedal steel group:

Twin clone with 15" EV SRO, Music Man RD115 One Hundred with EVM15-L. Also in the pic is an extension cab with a JBL K130.

And the six string lap steel group:

DR clone with 60's Jensen "Concert" speaker, 5E3 clone with Weber Alnico, 56 Les Paul GA-40 with Weber Alnico, and my 60's Airline I've had since 1968, (it also has a Weber Alnico.)

I’m new here and haven’t figured out how it post pictures.

Ive owned most SF and BF Fender combo amps, some 2-5 times over. I’ve recently downsized my amp collection to just two Fender and two Marshall amps (listed below). For the first time in almost 20 years of buying, selling, and trading amps, I realized that I am a Fender and Marshall guy, and I am finally happy and content with my amp collection.

1965 Fender Deluxe Reverb -Amp
    1966 Fender Super Reverb -Amp
    1979 Marshall JMP 2104
    2015 Marshall Astoria

Hope to figure out how to post photos soon.
    Last edited by gridlock; 05-18-2019 at 07:07 PM.

I'm surprised at how little experience I've had with Super Reverbs but lately they're rarely to be seen around these parts. I've had more experience with many of its contemporaries like the Pro reverb, Concert, Vibrolux, Vibroverb.

I had a Concert (90's model with MV, effects loop with blend knob) 4x10. Liked it a lot as long as it stayed in my room. They really need to put carrying handles on the sides so you can pick it up and hug it to your chest to carry it. A single handle on the top is no way to carry a 4x10 combo. I love the sound of a multi speaker cabinet with an open back.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Fixed the URL to my amps here...

The Hughes Kettner and Gibson amp were both Musician's Friend stupid deal of the day.

"We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain