Thread: Pro tools question - drum sounds...

Pro tools question - drum sounds...

The guy I'm recording with has an old version of Pro Tools (on an OLD Mac computer) and the available drum plug-ins suck. His options seem to be limited to buying a new computer with better hardware and updated Pro Tools, etc. - which will set him back $$$. Are there plug--ins for an older/slower computer that might give options, or maybe a hardware based solution? Chuck, I'm guessing you'll have ideas, but anybody???
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Re: Pro tools question - drum sounds...

I'm way out of my league here, so pardon my stupid addition here. What about GarageBand? It has the ability to load and play drum tracks, loops and samples. It's Mac-only though, so if that's a deal-killer, never mind.

Re: Pro tools question - drum sounds...

GB might be an option if your buddy's old Mac can handle the update required to run the more recent versions with the drummer (GB 8 or 9, I think or else I'm confusing that with Logic).

Just how old is the old Mac? I've got a 2011 MBP and a 2013 iMac. Both are running GarageBand and Logic Pro X and can handle the more modern drum VSTs. Specifcally, EZDrummer, Addictive Drums and Steven Slate Drums.