Thread: Sunday July 14 coffee and appreciation

Sunday July 14 coffee and appreciation

unusual for me to be online this early, my routine has been pretty much altered by events the last couple of months.

we have a summer gathering today, starting early so we can include my mom before she starts sundowning. The weather is nice for this time of year thankfully.
    "Live and learn and flip the burns"

Re: Sunday July 14 coffee and appreciation

It's a beautiful day here today making it time to get out and enjoy it.

I had surgery on my hand this week so can't do anything with the bass for a bit.

Well, lookee here. It's Sunday and I'm not the first poster (again)! Thank you for starting us off.

A work weekend my full-time job keeps me busy Monday through Friday, and this weekend, my part-time job has me on both yesterday and today. By next weekend, I won't have had a day off in 14 days. I'll be ready then!

My granddaughter turned six on Friday, and I went to her family's home for the party. Three grandpas were in attendance (me, son-in-law's dad, ex-wife's hubby). A good time had by all, even though it's now an hour drive for me, so I got home late.

Still plunking away on guitar. I had to cancel tomorrow's lesson, as my full-time job has thrown me a curve ball and I'll need to work late. Fun.

Have a great Sunday, everyone. Wherever you are!

Hot - that's the word of the day - the word of the week... etc. The wife was baptized into the Church of Latter Day Saints yesterday. She's been looking for a higher power - I hope this helps her.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Took the Sunday to rest. Got a lot going on at the office and the band is getting ready for a handful of gigs.

Spent the day with the GF at her place, watched some Supernatural on tv. Came back home, and right now I'm having a Bud. Later on I'll grab a hot dog and get some sleep. Tough day tomorrow, but I'll start a workout routine. Wish me luck.

Next wednesday is my Bday, and the "cake" will be a 1kg monster burger! Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by gibsonjunkie View Post
    Hot - that's the word of the day - the word of the week... etc. The wife was baptized into the Church of Latter Day Saints yesterday. She's been looking for a higher power - I hope this helps her.
    Good luck to her, GJ. My brother converted about 30 years ago. They take their non-drinking seriously.

Forum Member

If I was a religious person, I think the LDS church is one of the best, really about taking care of each other! Some of my best friends in high school were Mormons, although many called themselves "Jack" Mormons, and we drank quite a bit! (There were many of course, like my favorite HS teacher, who wouldn't even drink cokes!)

They have been extremely welcoming - they are quite a community. I hope this helps her figure life out - she's struggled a lot and needs something.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

I am very touched by your support and dedication to your wife. I've had some experience with addiction (my late wife died from it) and I know how rough and emotionally destructive it can be. Kudos!

Quote Originally Posted by OldStrummer View Post
    I am very touched by your support and dedication to your wife. I've had some experience with addiction (my late wife died from it) and I know how rough and emotionally destructive it can be. Kudos!
    Sometimes I wonder how I made it 21 years... thanks everybody for the support. It is NOT easy!