Thread: I am becoming a wiring fan

I am becoming a wiring fan

I guess I liked the idea of getting my used guitars rewired.

The Rick will be "decustomized", meaning I'll be bringing it back to factory specs with an original RIC prewired harness, soon.

Now, my red stratocaster has 3 Fender Fat 50s pickups on it, which a previous owner installed. But the pots and caps are just plain and ordinary.

The guitar is completing 25 years, so I decided to give it a little anniversary present

That's the Emerson Custom's 5-way + blender kit. The scheme is "master volume - Master tone - blender". The blender plus a master tone pot is a very cool wiring pattern, IMHO, so I chose this one over the plain "master volume - tone (neck) - tone (middle)" that is seen on most strats.

I really dig the prewired harnesses, they save you some work and are supposed to come quite well put together.

I've been wanting an Emerson wiring set for a while, and now I'll try it...

I guess my 25 year old red strat will sound killer with it.

Forum Member

Re: I am becoming a wiring fan

Play with the "tone" cap values.
    I rewired my partscaster a few years ago, it came with a .047, and a strat playing friend recommended a .022. They were both loaded either "hi" or "lo". I used a .033 and ended up with an almost full sweep of adjustment on the tone.

point of reason between tacky and tasteless

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Moore View Post
    Play with the "tone" cap values.
    I rewired my partscaster a few years ago, it came with a .047, and a strat playing friend recommended a .022. They were both loaded either "hi" or "lo". I used a .033 and ended up with an almost full sweep of adjustment on the tone.
    So True!
    Mark

gorgeous harness!!
    The only time you really live fully is from thirty to sixty. The young are slaves to dreams; the old servants of regrets. Only the middle-aged have all their five senses in the keeping of their wits.
    T. Roosevelt