Thread: New Pieces for the Pedalbord

New Pieces for the Pedalbord

After hearing so much about the Fultone OCD, I bought one. It will replace my really good Digitech Bad Monkey OD. I've also added a Vox Wah and an Ampeg Octo Comp.

So now on the board, I'll have from the guitar to the amp: OCD--RAT--MXR Phase 90--Digitech Delay--Vox Wah--Tuner. Does that seem the right sequence?
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Re: New Pieces for the Pedalbord

I know it's subjective but I run my tuner at the other end and my wah right next to it... then everything else.

After experimenting a good deal with sequence, this is my current chain (be it "correct" or not) and works well for me...

Amp> Looper> Echo> Reverb1> Reverb2> Delay> Chorus> Vibrato> Phaser1> Phaser2> OD1> OD2> EQ> Tube Pre-amp> Distortion> Wah> Tuner> Guitar

I could put the tuner on the other end, but I figured the wah is modulation, so belongs closest through the amp. Maybe I'm wrong.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Nice setup, willie!

I’ve been running the OCD for quite a few years now and love it. Also have the Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive for a bit of clean boost.

I’d keep your wah where it is but put the tuner at the front of the signal chain. That’s just me though.

Here’s my config for guitar (I have different routing/pedals for bass and steel guitar)

guitar > TU-2 > Sparkle Drive > OCD > Voodoo Labs Microvibe > Strymon Deco > Dunlop was > amp.

For pedal steel, I only use the tuner and Strymon Deco.

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    After hearing so much about the Fultone OCD, I bought one. It will replace my really good Digitech Bad Monkey OD. I've also added a Vox Wah and an Ampeg Octo Comp.

So now on the board, I'll have from the guitar to the amp: OCD--RAT--MXR Phase 90--Digitech Delay--Vox Wah--Tuner. Does that seem the right sequence?

I'm a big fan of the Bad Monkey!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by gibsonjunkie View Post
    I'm a big fan of the Bad Monkey!
    It's a real good pedal. It sounds best with my Les Paul, so I want to see whether the OCD can add to my Strat and Tele tones.