Thread: Not Only Does It Sound Surprisingly Good

Not Only Does It Sound Surprisingly Good

It also packs well.

The neck is in the top sleeve and the body on the bottom. There is still room in my suitcase for socks, toiletries, and more. This suitcase will get checked and I'll carry on a bag with the rest of my stuff.

Re: Not Only Does It Sound Surprisingly Good

That's awesome!

if I were ever inclined to pursue a career that required a lot of travel, one of those would be very high on my list of stuff to get

Of course, Telecasters have been doing that for over 60 years. Just sayin'. Also, If you're going to check it why not just buy a road case and take a "real" guitar?

Is this a case of a solution in need of a problem?
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Angler View Post
    Of course, Telecasters have been doing that for over 60 years. Just sayin'. Also, If you're going to check it why not just buy a road case and take a "real" guitar?

Is this a case of a solution in need of a problem?
    Telecasters are too large to fit into a suitcase, even with the neck removed. As for checking it, have you seen the price for checking baggage? I get a free checked bag and one carry on, so the cost to me is nil. Since the guitar is carbon fiber, I don't worry about how the baggage handlers treat it.

OS, I've stuffed a tele into an overhead before. My road cases are well-travelled. Also, who cares? Pay the money and check the bag.

BTW, carbon fiber is pretty fragile. Just watch a Formula 1 race sometime.
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

OS has found a good solution to what is obviously a problem. It used to be that airlines would let you bring a guitar in a gig bag as one of two carry ons. They'd let you sling your guitar in the overhead. I'd love it if I could take my Tele with me to Europe this summer. I've got a buddy who lives iin Germany. We're as close as brothers and played together about 8 years. We haven't jammed since he came into town in 2006. I see him every year but being a lefty, I can't play his guitars. I'm thinking of brushing up on my uke skills and taking my little uke to Germany with me.

So I understand your need for that guitar, OS. It's a practical solution.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

con·de·scen·sion
    /ˌkändəˈsen(t)SH(ə)n/ noun
    an attitude of patronizing superiority.
    "a tone of condescension"

There are other ways to discuss a matter.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Forum Member

I carry one of these:

Works for self defense also. Between that and the burrito in my pocket I am prepared for anything.

Hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Angler View Post
    OS, I've stuffed a tele into an overhead before. My road cases are well-travelled. Also, who cares? Pay the money and check the bag.

BTW, carbon fiber is pretty fragile. Just watch a Formula 1 race sometime.
    There are videos of KLŌS guitar being used to hit baseballs, being run over by a car, and being used as canoe paddles. Even if those are extreme examples, I wouldn't try that with any of my Teles. Or Strats. OK, maybe with an SG...

Here's my dilemma, and perhaps I should have been more clear. I am allowed only two carry-on items. One of those has to be my computer bag. That leaves me with one carry-on. Rather than a Telecaster, in the past I've carried my Pignose. It worked, but sadly, that guitar has two drawbacks: it doesn't stay in tune, and because it's an electric, it has limited applicability for me. The KLŌS guitar lets me use a suitcase for not only more than just a guitar, but I can check my suitcase and not have to worry about finding room in the overheads. Just today, I was on a full flight cross-country. My computer fit under the seat in front of me, and my carry-on went into an overhead and I didn't have to worry about it being crunched. Plus, it sounds great!