Thread: The Sunday Thread For April 18, 2021

The Sunday Thread For April 18, 2021

Well, here it is Sunday again. What a difference a week makes! There are signs that TFF is not going to be shuttered, and with fingers crossed, we'll be back to our regular reindeer games in short order. We've had a share of injuries and stressors, but we're a community, so we can talk about them here, and take solace and comfort from each other.

I've learned a couple of new licks (for me) this week, and have been spending a lot of time on the same several numbers trying to build the muscle memory necessary to play smoothly. A week spent online all day every day teaching is past, so this is my "down" week (another comes next week). I had to replace my TV (the old one's sound died) and now have to figure out how to dispose of the old one; I don't think I can just put it out for trash removal.

The company I work for is being acquired this week, and to my pleasant surprise, I'm getting a "bonus" in lieu of stock options. I don't plan on going on a spending spree, but rather will bank the money in my retirement account. I'm getting near that time, so it's nice to have an additional buffer.

It should be sunny today, and now that baseball is back, I plan to spend most of the day guitar in lap, watching the boys of summer. I hope everyone has a good Sunday!
    Striving to be ordinary

Proud to be a TFF Dumbass!

Re: The Sunday Thread For April 18, 2021

It’s good to be back to this blue place.

Woke up late and took care of my cacti while I drank my 3rd mug of black coffee. Definitely one of the best parts of my day.

Got my EHX Small Stone. Bought it used and it was a pleasant surprise, it came in the box with all the papers and it’s in mint condition. Might try it later but my tendinitis showed up again, mild but scary. Probably has something to do with me not doing anything physical anymore due to COVID. No gym.

Will help the missus with the chores and maybe I’ll grab my usual Bud and watch something on Amazon in the evening.

It looks like a nice day for a walk!

The blue does have a nice comforting feel.
    What happend?
    Who let the magic smoke out?

Woot Woot!!! Nice to be here! My brother came over this morning and helped put back the columns on the front porch, so that project is officially done except for q little paint. Going back to the Hand Center tomorrow to have the finger checked out. I feel a lot less pain already.

"We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain