Thread: Rickenbacker Fever

Rickenbacker Fever

I've got GAS for a Ric 330. It's mostly Sergio's fault.

So a sales rep is checking out price and availability for a lefty model in mapleglo--gotta match the 4001.

Rickenbacker is so fickle about how often they make a lefty run, it might be months, a year, or longer before one is ready.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Re: Rickenbacker Fever

Sergio's Rick is absolutely delicious.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/MINT-Ricken...oAAOSwtb1brW93

Oh heck.

Now I'm looking at them.

Where is my supervisor when I need her?

What happend?
    Who let the magic smoke out?

I went into a music store last week, in a different city, that I hadn't been to in a while. One of the guitars that caught my eye was a Ric, a lot like Sergio's. I was very tempted to try it out but I was already carrying a tele in my hands when I saw it. The tele did not pass muster and I put it back somewhat dispirited and left without going to the Ric. Didn't see a tag on it so it might have just come in.

I'm more in the market for studio gear than guitars right now, only so much money to go around plus I have two guitars waiting to be put together.

Good to see that you guys enjoyed the vibes of my Rick.

I especially like the mapleglo finish. I dig that blonde color that it gets as it ages. Mine is nearly 10 years old and the maple is starting to become beautifully darker.

I'm sure you'd like it, Willie. It rocks!

Some more Ric love

I'm going to have to leave the Ric. Couldn't justify the expense right now when i should spend that dosh on practical matters. Oh well, it was a feverish dream for a little bit. Besides, I started thinking, and I realized that even more than a Ric, I want an ES-335 with block inlays. They cost more than a Ric, so I'll wait for a year or two to do that.

I still love Rics, and to be honest, I really want a 330/12 vintage reissue. In Fireglo. I really can't justify buying a 12 string for now. It'll stay on my list though. May be my 60th birthday present to myself.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    I'm going to have to leave the Ric. Couldn't justify the expense right now when i should spend that dosh on practical matters. Oh well, it was a feverish dream for a little bit. Besides, I started thinking, and I realized that even more than a Ric, I want an ES-335 with block inlays. They cost more than a Ric, so I'll wait for a year or two to do that.

I still love Rics, and to be honest, I really want a 330/12 vintage reissue. In Fireglo. I really can't justify buying a 12 string for now. It'll stay on my list though. May be my 60th birthday present to myself.

Don’t forget that you can buy used! That’s how I did it, my Ric is a decade old