Thread: NAD!

NAD!

Gee, $134 and I'm a Bass Player!

$99 for the bass and $35 for the amp. Off Craigslist.

The amp is a Behringer GX112 "Blue Devil" 60W Guitar Workstation with Digital Multi-Effects Processor.

I don't care about the effects and bells and whistles. I care about the 12" Jensen BUGERA speaker, the stereo lineouts, and the "Heaven" and "Hell" channels ("Heaven" is for clean, "Hell" is for -- what else? -- dirty). If you care, you can read the specs here: http://www.musictribe.com/Categories.../GX112/p/P0076.

Yes, it's old. The user manual I downloaded shows a 2001 date on it. You know what? I paid $35 for it, and everything works! If I start gigging as a bassist in the church band, I might plunk down $200 for a Fender Rumble 40v3. Heck, I might still do so... :)

Forum Member

Re: NAD!

My friend gave my wife a little kickback Behringer bass amp with a 15, she gets a really nice sound out of it!

Forum Member

Wow! You got me thinking. I wish i could be a guitar player for any price!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffp View Post
    Wow! You got me thinking. I wish i could be a guitar player for any price!
    I was wondering if anyone would catch that! $134 doesn't make me a bass player, it just gives me the opportunity to play bass!

Forum Member

Bass is wonderful!

It frees you in many ways and gives you a different perspective.

Welcome to the bottom my friend.

Warning: Bass Playing is highly addictive. First you'll feel sheepish about having only four strings; then you'll realize that you and the drummer are controlling the groove; next you will become addicted to your power; this will, in turn, fuel your addiction for new bass gear, which will fuel more playing and obsession. Soon, anytime you see four clothes lines or fence strands, you will long for your bass; when you get back to your bass, you'll re-discover your power, buy more gear, play more, etc. It's a long, gut-rumbling road that never ends....fortunately!
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Forum Member

Many years ago, I was a drummer with a country band. Our bass player got sick, and we couldn't find another, but I knew a drummer we could get. I borrowed the bassist's rig, and practiced some with the lead player, and we got through the gig OK. When we were packing up, the lead player said, "lets don't do that again!"
    I thought I had done pretty well, considering.
    Since then I have only filled in on bass at jams!