Thread: Sunday December 23

Sunday December 23

Good morning. Driving to Nashville for Xmas with the mom, sibs, and families. I plan to eat, open presents, and eat, and drink, and eat.

Happy Holidays to everyone.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Re: Sunday December 23

The boss gave us Monday off. I have already bought and wrapped the presents I'm giving, so I have little to do for the next couple of days. I'll go to church this morning, go out for my favorite lunch, and spend the day twanging away. I'm happy to say my rendition of Silent Night is complete. I'm thinking of taking my KLŌS guitar to my daughter's house Christmas Day and making them suffer through it. :)

After breakfast with our friends this morning it will be a quiet, relaxing Sunday before activity of the Christmas season begins with trimming the tree tomorrow morning.

I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!

Good morning everyone.

Woke up late, had a strenuous week. It's usually so on pre-holiday weeks. Every year. I hate it.

Sipping my third cup of coffee while I type, had my favorite Sunday breakfast with the GF at her place (pizza and black coffee).

When Christmas Eve approaches I get taken by a very soothing vibe. Problems seem to vanish and all I can think about is being with my family and dear ones... Including you from TFF. I really have a thing for this place.

Joined on Christmas time (join date 12/25!) and TFF always reminds me that I bought my dream guitar (Jessica) as a gift for myself.

Happy Holidays to everyone!

P.S. I was happy to see some of the guys logging in again, like my RL friend Old Ranger. And I miss the posts of some others, like Gravity Jim and Phantomman. If you guys are reading this: Come on, let's all be together. Come back aboard!

Still got one of the first pics I took when I first brought Jess home from the shop (bad pic, but already a great memory!), probably taken around Christmas day that year:

I know I talk about this too often, but you have no idea how happy I am everytime I read a Sunday thread here.

getting some stuff together to take over to my mom, we'll be bringing her over to my brother's place on Christmas day. nothing much planned today. hope to get over to a friend's house to watch football, last two games of the season.

still haven't done much this week, a little disappointed in myself for not being more productive.

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    still haven't done much this week, a little disappointed in myself for not being more productive.
    Dan - Sometimes........not being more productive is being more productive than you could have been. Take it.
    Kenny Belmont
    >:^{I)>

2:00 pm. Still drinking coffee. Think I'll go pop a few rounds and irritate the neighborhood.
    Was going to go buy another antenna for the tv, but don't care about it that much. So remote here just a few channels are seen. And then the shows are stupid and the fake news is worse. So I just watch old movies instead. Better that way.

Y'all have a good Christmas and be safe. I want every one of you here next year so I can hear about your presents and the New Year's resolutions that were all gonna make and then later forget! Ha!

And Sérgio, you never cease to amaze me.

Off to go hammer the iron plate with my old .357Mag!

Hoo hoo hoo! BOOM!
    I forgot what I was going to say...

Hey ho all! Seasons greeting to you all!

I'm ahead of the curve this year and have finished my xmas shopping 48 hours in advance! Meaning I'm 47 hours ahead of the curve! Hosting some family here tomorrow evening, headed to the outlaws for xmas day dinner/boxing day sleepover. My father in law has a very nice selection of whiskies which I'm sure we'll be sampling extensively!

Spent the last 24 hours attempting to update Logic Pro X from 10.3 to 10.4. First had to update to High Sierra (fingers crossed) and then update Logic. Was having no shortage of problems doing so - must've tried it umpteen different ways before I realized I needed to sign into the Apple Store to instantiate the update "doh!")

Tonight I'm going to work through a few Sound on Sound magazine Logic tutorials to get to know the deeper workings of this software better!

I'm also working on getting to know Jupyter Notebook for work - never seem to have time to teach myself anything new at the office, so taking some time to become literate in Python for a project I'm working on. Sure, I could do the analysis in Excel, but what fun is that? My data science hard skills are falling behind the curve and the best way for me to get ahead of the curve is to have a good chunk of uninterrupted time and a big pot of coffee!

Other than that, the two bands I'm playing with (sporadically) are both gigging the same week in January - so have some woodshedding to do (band 1: pedal steel; band 2: bass). Nice thing in band 2 is that the BL is going all nostalgic and playing from his back catalog - meaning shedding on tunes that were burned into my brain 10-15 years ago. Just gotta dust off the cobwebs.

BTW, what with this 1000 character limit?

Quote Originally Posted by Sérgio View Post
    Good morning everyone.

Woke up late, had a strenuous week. It's usually so on pre-holiday weeks. Every year. I hate it.

Sipping my third cup of coffee while I type, had my favorite Sunday breakfast with the GF at her place (pizza and black coffee).

When Christmas Eve approaches I get taken by a very soothing vibe. Problems seem to vanish and all I can think about is being with my family and dear ones... Including you from TFF. I really have a thing for this place.

Joined on Christmas time (join date 12/25!) and TFF always reminds me that I bought my dream guitar (Jessica) as a gift for myself.

Happy Holidays to everyone!

P.S. I was happy to see some of the guys logging in again, like my RL friend Old Ranger. And I miss the posts of some others, like Gravity Jim and Phantomman. If you guys are reading this: Come on, let's all be together. Come back aboard!
    Where's the LIKE button when you need it?

Forum Member

Getting things ready for all the kids coming in on the eve. Too much junk. I need to move and leave it for somebody else...

I'm off until January 2nd. I enjoy Christmas and like to take the tome off in between Christmas and New Year's Day to re-boot.

I received a new cab from Mojotone yesterday. A 2x12" lightweight British style cab. I put my Sumback S75-PVC alnicos in it.

Pre-Merry Christmas, to all the TFF cats.