Thread: All I want for Christmas..

All I want for Christmas..

...is my band to get our shit together and make a demo at a studio. It’s the only way to get gigs here when you’re an unknown entity.

...world peace but I’d settle for a case of Yuengling and a pack of peanuts.

...a Rickenbacker 360, a Music Man Stingray, and a decal for each, “another thing I don’t need”
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Re: All I want for Christmas..

Before I reply my own Xmas wishes...

What’s Yuengling?

It's a brand of beer. I only like two of the popular beers in the US--Yuengling and some of the brews of Sam Adams. I was spoiled by German pilsners. I'm not a Euro snob, but I like what I like.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Forum Member

I believe the oldest brewer in the U.S. still running?

i had always thought yeuling was chinese and only learned this year that it was german

i've got my eye on a dual channel compressor but it's a rack unit and I don't really have a rack space open for it. I'd have to reconfigure my desk once again to make it happen. putting a pin in it for now. so i'll settle for having my music room fully functional by Christmas.

I want a big case of PBR [Pabst Blue Ribbon beer for you youngsters] my old K-Bar knife, and nonstop tunes from the delta. Mekong delta that is..... The K-Bar was a great can opener. One quick stab at the top with a twist and a jab 180° and your can is open! Yes, there was a time beer cans didn't have pop-tops, and you hadda open em with a church-key. Mine was a large combat knife! Hoo-ah! Rangers Lead the Way!
    I forgot what I was going to say...

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ranger View Post
    I want a big case of PBR [Pabst Blue Ribbon beer for you youngsters] my old K-Bar knife, and nonstop tunes from the delta. Mekong delta that is..... The K-Bar was a great can opener. One quick stab at the top with a twist and a jab 180° and your can is open! Yes, there was a time beer cans didn't have pop-tops, and you hadda open em with a church-key. Mine was a large combat knife! Hoo-ah! Rangers Lead the Way!
    Hooah! I like K-Bars, too. Picked one up when I was in Afghanistan.

I'm going hard against the craft beer nonsense these days. Overhopped hype. This is my go-to:

Quote Originally Posted by renderit View Post
    I believe the oldest brewer in the U.S. still running?
    That is true. I find it closer to German pilsners, not quite there, but close. I recently tried the Yuengling Pilsner, but I was unimpressed and went back to the regular Yuengling.