Thread: Bob Dylan for the road?

Bob Dylan for the road?

I was thinking of putting together a playlist of Bob Dylan's songs for listening along my weekly rehearsal road trips.

Are there any other Dylan men here? If so, how would you order your favorite songs?

Re: Bob Dylan for the road?

Quote Originally Posted by Sérgio View Post
    I was thinking of putting together a playlist of Bob Dylan's songs for listening along my weekly rehearsal road trips.

Are there any other Dylan men here? If so, how would you order your favorite songs?
    a
    When I want to hear Dylan but am not wanting any particular album, I go to a playlist of all his albums and hit shuffle. The surprise is fun.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Sometimes I do that too, but when I hit the road I like to have a CD or flash media device on the car stereo. I use Apple Music but connecting the iPhone to the car annoys me. If the phone rings or gets any alerts, the music stops or pauses. That sucks.

It's an out of tune album, but I love Highway 61 Revisited. It's got some classic tunes you may not have heard before. One of my fave Dylan albums.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Yep, that’s a good one! I like Blonde on Blonde, Blood On The Tracks is a classic. I’m trying to think of my other favorite ones. But I think shuffle is a good choice too.
    "don't worry, i'm a professional!"

Not a big Dylan fan, but if I had to choose, I'd go with Nashville Skyline. "I Threw It All Away" is a classic, as is "Girl From the North Country."

I never was a big Dylan fan but remember enjoying some good weed and listening to Subterranean Homesick Blues in Vietnam.