Thread: The Christmas Is Fast Approaching Sunday Thread

The Christmas Is Fast Approaching Sunday Thread

I've surprised myself by having nearly all my Christmas shopping done. I'll do a little more today. First, off to church, then I'll poke around the stores until I can't stand it anymore (read: about 15 minutes), then go home and practice this week's lessons.

Re: The Christmas Is Fast Approaching Sunday Thread

We have a 'wintery mix' here; it's a good day to hide at home.

Apart from the chores, I'll take some time out to work on my guitar playing. I've been so caught up with the bass these last six months that I've hardly played guitar. I'm rusty, very rusty.

Hope everyone has a safe and warm Sunday.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Forum Member

Yo! Ho Ho!

Working on one to get up for sale.

First fiddle I've sold since '79...

Starting the day taking the dog to get groomed. The wife is supposed to do it, but at 8:30 in the morning shes already too drunk to do it. I anticipate a day where I'll be saying the Serenity Prayer about 500 times.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Was raining here for the past three days. Been in the 40's mostly. Rain stopped briefly, but it's now in the upper 30's. In short, miserable for me. I know, boo hoo, but I simply don't like cold, wet, and yucky days. So...

I'll cast some bullets. Load some cartridges. And play the crap outta my Jackson Dinky! Finally found that "sweet spot" where it and the Marshall simply sing. Now if the temperature of the house will rise above 64°F I'll be thrilled.
    I forgot what I was going to say...

It is later in the day and, following the usual Bloody Mary with coffee and breakfast morning followed by watching a Packers’ win, we’re watching the movie “Meg” while sipping a Beafeater martini and enjoying retired life.

@gibsonjunkie - sorry to hear about the start of your day. Rough.

Me, this is the first day in about three weeks where I could just power down and do nothing. So that's exactly what I did!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdog View Post
    @gibsonjunkie - sorry to hear about the start of your day. Rough.

Me, this is the first day in about three weeks where I could just power down and do nothing. So that's exactly what I did!
    Thanks. We hooked up with a really good alcohol counselor over the weekend and the Mr.s is starting to detox. This counselor is really experienced and they really hit it off. I know better to hope it works, but... I hope it works.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by gibsonjunkie View Post
    Thanks. We hooked up with a really good alcohol counselor over the weekend and the Mr.s is starting to detox. This counselor is really experienced and they really hit it off. I know better to hope it works, but... I hope it works.
    I hope it works for y'all.

Sad to hear that you're still facing that, my friend. Hope the counseling works fine. Stay strong and be there for her. Alcoholism is a VERY tough enemy.

You're in my prayers.

Progress not perfection my friend, Sorry to hear your wife is still in the grips of Alcohol. I hope it works out for you both!

Thanks everybody - what a journey!

Forum Member

Sorry to hear!
    My wife's brother was married to an alcoholic, and everybody's life was miserable! She finally left him for another alcoholic, and he was devastated, (but better off), he even borrowed money from me to send to her after she was gone!

@gibsonjunkie

I hope today was better.
    What happend?
    Who let the magic smoke out?

GJ - good luck

sunday was mom's last day at the house, monday we moved her to the assisted living facility. there have been a few bumps and wrong turns but the attitude of working to fix issues is so much better at this place than the one we tried 2.5 years ago. Even though I've slept two nights in a row for 8 hours, I'm exhausted. almost 2 weeks ago I coughed a rib out of place in my back, and it's been hurting like a sob. Tonight I began to ache all over and I'm more tired than I should be, hope I'm not coming down with the flu. I did not get a shot yet this year.