Thread: What Songs Are You Working On?

What Songs Are You Working On?

We have a "What have you bought?" thread, how about a "What are you doing?" thread.

I'll start it off, we're trying to put the final shine on the Jeff Golub arrangement/cover of How Long by ACE. I'm also revisiting the solo from Steely Dan's Peg.
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

Re: What Songs Are You Working On?

In the final stages of completing two more original tunes. Most tracks recorded except backup vocals. when we're all done with that we'll re-record the main vocal. Then it's on to the most challenging song - I have to figure out how to get a full chorus singing multiple parts into a very small studio (and figuring out how to pay for it).
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

A couple of weeks ago I heard a song by Conjure One (a nom de plume for Rhys Fulber, former member of Delerium and Front Line Assemby) featuring vocals by Jeza (Jessica Bennett), called "Brave For Me" off his fourth album, "Holoscenic." I told my teacher about it and he pulled it up on his phone. Worked on it a bit and got the basics down. Now I'm going to see if I can't add my own touches to it and make it my own.

I'm currently making my own guitar lines for the Door's "Love me two times" and some Raul Seixas (a Brazilian Rock composer). Plus, our band is putting together an original song in E. Our singer wrote the lyrics.
    Last edited by S. Cane; 12-08-2018 at 03:48 AM.

Forum Member

Mine own. Stuff in my head is great. I just gotta extract it...

I haven't touched my guitar in a couple months, that ought to be changing in the near future.

I actually had to touch up a couple of tunes for a gig last night with one of Wisconsin’s top blues bands. One was an old blues standard that I haven’t played in a bit, Albert King’s “Born Under A Bad Sign. The other two, not quite Blues tunes, work very well with the group; the Crusader’s “Put It Where You Want It”, and Buddy Miles’ “Them Changes”. I haven’t played the last two for, probably, thirty years.

Woolly Bully.
    I have decided to be happy because it's good for my health.

TFF Stage Crew

Still trying to get all the parts for this:

Forum Member

Cogs, Asleep at the Wheel did a whole album of the Texas Playboys a while back, might give you some ideas!

TFF Stage Crew

I'm a step ahead of you there. But just a step. Not a two-step, lol

Forum Member

Back in the 80's my wife and I had a band with her sisters. We had a weekend in AZ, and a 2 week sit down here right after, when our guitar player quit. We called a steel player in Lubbock we had worked with, and he said sure, but he was bringing this "kid" fiddle player. "You don't even have to pay him", of course we did, but he was really good! A few months later I was watching ACL with Asleep at the Wheel, and who was playing fiddle, yeah, it was that "kid" Rick!

excellent story, dude

This week I was working on:

30 Days in Hole & Sad Bag of Shaky Jake by Humble Pie
    Walk on By - The Stranglers version; I'm trying to figure out the chords for guitar on this bass and organ driven tune.
    Fuzz is proof God love us and wants us to be happy. - Franklin
    http://www.frankdenigris.com

As silly as it may sound, I was noodling around and found myself picking out "Silent Night." It's an easy song that I've never played before. So I'm fleshing it out and making it an instrumental that I will (maybe) play Tuesday at my family gathering.

Forum Member

Old Strummer, our family normally has a get together, which now means, grandkids/great grandkids! My wife's younger sister always instigates a Christmas sing-a-long for the kids, (they love hearing themselves through the PA)! We play a few tunes first, and then it's on to Christmas!
    This year my granddaughter is getting married on the 22nd, so all the family will be there, probably won't have a large gathering on the 24th!