Thread: First December Sunday!

First December Sunday!

First to the plate again this week...still in a time zone ahead of east coast. In the UK at the moment just about to fly out. Spent the sightseeing yesterday. Covent Gardens, Soho, British Museum. But also hit the Denmark Street shops and played a bunch of very fine acoustics at Wunjo’s....a 1923 Martin D28, a couple of vintage J-200s, Gibson Robert Johnson model and a new Lowden. Then headed to Abbey Road....by the time I got there, my phone was dead and no pics! Very disappointed.

When I land, I have to head straight to a local production of Newsies that my daughter is performing in.

Re: First December Sunday!

I'm headed out the door on my way to sunny (?) Minnesota. I packed extra layers. No travel guitar for me this time. It was a hard decision to make, but I"m gone for only four days and with the extra cold weather gear couldn't fit a guitar into the mix.

I plan to be-bop-a-lula-wham-bam-boom. It'll be a full day.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Forum Member

3 vehicles to change oil on and rotate. Fun. Then at least I'll work on some fiddles.

I'm enjoying the day as it is snowing everywhere in the area but my town so no shoveling ( or snow blowing) for me today. We're off for breakfast and Bloody Marys with our usual Sunday morning group of friends. This afternoon I'll spend a little time with my practice rig to brush up on some tunes I'll be playing this coming weekend. I hope everyone has a great day!

After my third cup of coffee, I inspected the truss rod adjustment on my new near mint Jackson JS34Q Dinky. Got it Friday and it was noting or fretting out on the first few frets on the #E & B string. With the"issue" I bought it for a very good price. A buddy was saying I'll have to level and dress all the frets, re-crown and more nonsense. I looked at him and asked who went to luthier school and did decades of repairs on instruments? Me or you, Mr. YouTube?

Adjustment is dead perfect. Fret issue disappeared, as I knew it would... Yeah, at times it pays to know what you're doing and not be a YouTube chucklehead!

So my Sunday's gonna be wail on this gonzo Jackson and around noon, go shoot on my range. Life in the woods can be fun.
    I forgot what I was going to say...

Sunny and hot (I mean HOT) Sunday here in the tropics.

It's 12:38 pm on my Casio dw5600 G-Shock (bought this watch because I've always loved Casios, my father and I would wear nothing but those them back in the 80s and I still love 'em), I just finished eating lunch.

Time for a shower, grabbing a strat and the rest of the gear and hitting the road with the GF for my usual 82-mile drive to João Pessoa for rehearsal, burger n' beer and nice sleep by the beach. Life is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ranger View Post
    After my third cup of coffee, I inspected the truss rod adjustment on my new near mint Jackson JS34Q Dinky...

So my Sunday's gonna be wail on this gonzo Jackson and around noon, go shoot on my range. Life in the woods can be fun.
    Whoa, those Dinkies are great Jacksons. I crave for one myself! Great bang for the buck and some sweet necks! Good score, brother! Black, I presume?

cold and rainy here but I'm not complaining because I ain't shoveling it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sérgio View Post

Whoa, those Dinkies are great Jacksons. I crave for one myself! Great bang for the buck and some sweet necks! Good score, brother! Black, I presume?
    Nope, jewel blue quilt top with maple fingerboard and black sharkfins. Fast as lightening. Sadly I'm slow, but I look cool playing it. Hum single single and a Floyd Rose. All black hardware.
    I forgot what I was going to say...

Rainy here today. That was fine with me. On Saturday, I worked from 6-noon, helped a guy take my old hot tub, jammed with some guys for a couple of hours and did some shopping so I planned on doing little or nothing today.

The normal man chores around here.

Lots of cardboard incoming. I promise to do a few build threads.

The weather here has been absolutely beautiful here this last week.

Be well my friends.

What happend?
    Who let the magic smoke out?