Thread: NGD.. Jackson JS34Q

NGD.. Jackson JS34Q

Ok, I went and did it. Got a second guitar. After selling all but one, I just went stupid and bought another. So much for my " I don't need more than one guitar and amp." theory huh? But this Jackson Dinky with a Rose in a jewel blue quilted top just grabbed me by the stacking swivel and demanded I buy it. Hum-single-single and that compound radius all maple neck makes it a screamer. Kinda cute.... And no, I don't have any pics as I don't know how to do em. But that's my story and I'm sticking to it.
    I forgot what I was going to say...

Re: NGD.. Jackson JS34Q

I tried again to do pics but I'm too f___in dumb to do it! So I quit.....

Forum Member

I have been thinking of getting a shredder. I don't know why. I'm kinda anti shred. Weird.

Yeah, I can't do the shred thing but I love the 100% dead on return to exact perfect pitch of a Floyd Rose. The Dinky body is just plain comfortable too. I can set up a Strat's trem to where it's just about perfect, but get active doing some serious divebombs and it'll be off some.
    Funny, my bud said the Jackson had a bad headstock and the Rose sucks because it moves when he plays and it robs all the tone from the instrument. Thing is that his playing style is much akin to a big silverback gorilla! Plays with a 4mm plank... Um, pick, and will beat his guitars all out of tune in under 10 min. VERY aggressive and wiggled around too. Let him play a new Tele I had a few years ago in black. After he mauled it with his "style" the back was covered with hundreds of twisting long indented lines from his shirt buttons. I don't allow him to play my instruments any longer.

Ok. Honeymoon is over... Here's the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly......

Good: Beautiful finish & color. Floyd Rose is 100% dead perfect! Neck is fast as Bill Elliott at Talladega. And I can get the exact tones of my amigo, Ted Nugent, cop the tones of Jimmy Page in his early years. And get some sweet singing OD tones that rival a violin.

Bad: the two single coils have that God awful squashed B string magnetic post. You know the ones where some guy said it needs to be sunken! I want to find that guy and kick him in the boys!

Ugly: See the above Bad!

Other than the bad / ugly, I got no complaints. I'm wailing on it daily. Having a great time. And realized that when I sold my other Dinky a long time ago it was a stupid move! Glad I got another one. Plays so easy its stupid! Ha!

Sérgio, buy one. You'll love it!
    Last edited by Old Ranger; 12-16-2018 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Stupid phone!

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ranger View Post
    I tried again to do pics but I'm too f___in dumb to do it! So I quit.....
    @Old Ranger, I sent you a PM.

renderit -- I have a Jackson SOloist for sale -- if your REALLY interested--
    it has EMGs

Old Ranger -- congrats on the Jackson -- I love the necks on them -- the pups can be hit and miss but an easy fix

my Adrian Smith Jackson San Dimas is awesome
    The only time you really live fully is from thirty to sixty. The young are slaves to dreams; the old servants of regrets. Only the middle-aged have all their five senses in the keeping of their wits.
    T. Roosevelt

My new FLAT POST single coils will be here this week. I'll pull those epoxied pieces outta there and be in business in under an hour. With a coffee break thrown in.
    Then maybe later, in the future, a Duncan JB Trembucker in the bridge.

THAT sounds like a great combo!!
    The only time you really live fully is from thirty to sixty. The young are slaves to dreams; the old servants of regrets. Only the middle-aged have all their five senses in the keeping of their wits.
    T. Roosevelt