Thread: My first Sunday thread in a long time

My first Sunday thread in a long time

Greetings from frozen Connecticut. Sunshine predicted and 50's for temperature. I'll probably spend the entire day playing with the lawnmower. Have a great week all!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Re: My first Sunday thread in a long time

Between the nor' easter last weekend, the storm on Friday/Saturday and the incredibly high winds yesterday, about 75% of the leaves were stripped off of our trees in a week's time. I've never seen anything like it. So I guess we're going to rake leaves today.

Spending time with my daughter today. She’s just moved to Memphis, and between her work and school, I don’t get to spend much time with her.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

still too many leaves on the trees around here, I'm waiting for the clean up so I can get on with the christmas lights before it gets too cold. I wish they all came down yesterday but we probably didn't get it as bad as down Don's way

We’ve had the leaves raked twice so far (yeah, I’m now an old guy and I pay someone to take care of them). Because of all the trees on my property, my wife and I used to rake leaves for three days to get them cleaned up and we’d have to do that two or three times each fall. I now sit with a scotch or Beafeater on the rocks and watch someone handle that chore...retirement is great!

Today it’s windy, gloomy, cold and rainy so I guess you’d say it is a dismal day here on the Wisconsin eastern lakeshore. The fireplace is lit and my sweety is pouring me a Beafeater as I type this.

Rock On!

Somewhere out in the Caribbean. We dock tomorrow morning in Tampa. I assembled my KLŌS guitar and have spent time with it every day at sea. I'm really impressed with the sound. Of course, I'm in a small stateroom, so that's probably not the best measure, but the guitar is nicely playable -- and it stays in tune!

A layover in St. Petersburg, where I'm receiving an honor, and then back home. The rest of the week is still vacation, although I have a chiropractor appointment two hours after I arrive home, and a make up guitar lesson the day after. No time to let things wither, eh?

WEll this weekend went by in a rush. Sat am at a bar mitzfah for a friend's kid. First time at temple and first barmitzfah for me. I'm a lapsed Catholic who has not attended church regularly for over 35 years besides the odd wedding or funeral. That said, a very interesting experience!

Bought a lap steel Saturday afternoon. I play and own a pedal steel, console steel and dobro. I've been thrugh a couple of lap steels - a Peavey and an Asher Electro-Hawaiian. Opposite ends of the scale. This one is a Recording King RG-31 with a P90. Just right!

Other than prepping for a gig this week, I spent Sunday reorganizing my garage for winter - and in the process, ran all of my pistons - two motorcyles, lawn mower, snow blower, outboard motor, chainsaw, weedwacker. My neighbors were happy when I finished, I would imagine . Then I cranked up my guitars! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdog View Post
    WEll this weekend went by in a rush. Sat am at a bar mitzfah for a friend's kid. First time at temple and first barmitzfah for me.
    Several years ago I played my first Jewish wedding celebration and was asked to play a Horah. I had no idea what was expected but said I could sing Hava Nagila and was told that was great and to just keep playing it “faster and faster”...it was a fun, celebratory night!