Thread: NGD: A KLŌS Call

NGD: A KLŌS Call

There isn't a forum on the site for this kind of guitar or maker, so I'm posting this here.

No one replied to my earlier post, so I took it on myself to just forge on ahead. The back story: I'm heading out tomorrow for a week on the sea and a stopover to receive an award upon returning. I wanted to keep up with the lessons my teacher has been giving me, so I wanted a guitar I could take with me that wouldn't count as extra luggage. My Pignose Deluxe PGG-200 suffers from not staying in tune, as well as being just too large to pack. I've taken it on shorter trips as a carry-on (wrapping it in socks, t-shirts, underwear, etc.). Then I came across the KLŌS carbon fiber acoustic travel guitar.

The carbon fiber body solves the problem of being dinged around, warping due to temperature changes, and the wood neck (I got mine with a carbon fiber reinforced truss rod) is quickly removable. The size when "folded" is approximately 15 inches (< 4 inches deep). A perfect suitcase fit!

This almost didn't come to be. I ordered the guitar on 10/25 and paid for expedited shipping. However, the expected delivery date was 11/1 - and I already would be gone by then. I contacted KLŌS, and Adam, the CEO, made the arrangements to change the shipper, and it arrived in my office this morning. Not only that, but KLŌS included a gig bag and capo at no extra cost. Nice! It gets packed tonight and by this time tomorrow I should be in my stateroom, practicing my lessons as I promised my teacher I would!

Unpacked, but not yet fully assembled.

Packed:

Re: NGD: A KLŌS Call

Very cool!!!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

that's mighty cool of them to do that. hope you have a safe and happy voyage

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheBluesMan View Post
    that's mighty cool of them to do that. hope you have a safe and happy voyage
    Thanks, Dan. I agree it was nice of them -- heck, it was terrific of them! But looking over the records of my guitar purchases, this was the most I've ever paid for shipping & handling. Even if it was for "expedited" service. I've bought guitars that had $0 s&h, and others where I ordered the guitar and it shipped the next day. And I'm talking about limited edition guitars.

Granted, KLŌS is a small, relatively new company, so their overhead is probably more. So, for the money I paid, I think their meeting me "half way" made it all worthwhile.

I'll review the guitar once I've settled into my stateroom, assembled it, and played it for a while. Given spotty Internet asea, that may have to wait until I've disembarked.

Re: NGD: A KLŌS Call (REVIEW)

I didn't realize the forum only allows a maximum of 1,000 characters per post, so my original review has gone into the bit bucket. So, my condensed review of my new KLŌS acoustic guitar is simply this: It's a keeper!

It's a little guitar with a big sound. It holds its tuning well, and is easy to hold and play. The neck is a good, playable acoustic guitar neck (I haven't measured it). It isn't overly long, the 14th fret meets the body, but I don't play acoustics much beyond the fifth fret anyway! The assembly and breakdown is easily accomplished, and it does, in fact, fit into my suitcase! The only trickery is making sure the included capo is fastened well before disassembly, otherwise the string jumble can be confusing when removing it afterwards.

Lightweight, easy to play, good sound, and tough as nails. I like it!