Thread: Jimmy Page Dragon (and Mirrors) Telecasters coming in 2019

Forum Member

Jimmy Page Dragon (and Mirrors) Telecasters coming in 2019

Forum Member

Re: Jimmy Page Dragon (and Mirrors) Telecasters coming in 2019

I seen this on Marshall Forum and I am interested .

I am sad that they won’t make a left handed version. I guess my wallet is glad. I’d love to have one of those.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Seeing Page do anything makes me happy. Genuinely happy.

I was watching the O2 concert two days ago with my GF and thinking how I would love to see them play live once more. I'd sell my soul for a ticket (if the Devil wanted it). People may like Zep or not, but to me, Zep means love.

Good to know Jimmy is working with Fender. Too bad the new "Dragons" will probably cost way too much for me to own one.

Saw that today too. I'm not usually one to want a signature model but dang it, I want one of these.

I tried to post a comment about WTF, no pics, but the site kept glitching on me

Forum Member

Jimmy is also working on a recreation of his Supro amp. (Photos of the Telecaster included)

https://www.sundragonamp.com/?fbclid...6qaC_hwpe4zGN8

congrats on a cool guitar
    The only time you really live fully is from thirty to sixty. The young are slaves to dreams; the old servants of regrets. Only the middle-aged have all their five senses in the keeping of their wits.
    T. Roosevelt

Forum Member

It also looks like the Telecaster in the photo is the restoration of the original.

http://ledzepnews.com/2019/01/24/jim...e-in-50-years/

There is also a video online from Fender where Jimmy Page is actually painting the recreated guitars!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=ulEugtz0FY4

They're going to produce a cheaper production model.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

yeah, only 3995.00 probably

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    They're going to produce a cheaper production model.
    Not interested.

Never had an interest in "signature" anything.
    Got a 1st year edition SRV Strat in a trade. And ya know what? It played and sounded like a Strat.
    And it was hanging behind my bench at the shop. Guy saw it. Asked if for sale. Returned with the quoted amount of cash. They're nothing special. Just a lump of wood, wire, and frets.

In a few months I might (might...) get a plain Jane Squire Tele. Might...... But I'll bet ya it'll play like that fancy one...oh, might have to dress some frets [maybe, their QC's pretty good] and drop in some Alnico V pickups.... But a Tele is a Tele......

You boys need to stop that drooling. It's undignified! Ha!
    I forgot what I was going to say...

Though maybe I'd buy one in Pagey's honor, I agree with Wade there. I own and play standard instruments, and wouldn't buy just any "signature" model just because a famous artist has his mods on it. It's an instrument that was made acoording to his own needs, hands and ears, not mine...

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ranger View Post
    Never had an interest in "signature" anything.
    Got a 1st year edition SRV Strat in a trade. And ya know what? It played and sounded like a Strat.
    And it was hanging behind my bench at the shop. Guy saw it. Asked if for sale. Returned with the quoted amount of cash. They're nothing special. Just a lump of wood, wire, and frets.

In a few months I might (might...) get a plain Jane Squire Tele. Might...... But I'll bet ya it'll play like that fancy one...oh, might have to dress some frets [maybe, their QC's pretty good] and drop in some Alnico V pickups.... But a Tele is a Tele......
    I halfway agree with you Old Ranger. I have three signature guitars.

1. Eric Clapton Artist Series Stratocaster. OK, it's got a neck profile I like, and the pickups are sweet, but all in all, it's a Strat.
    2. Custom Shop Robin Trower Strat, actually autographed by Trower (that was what sold me). Coming from the Custom Shop, it's sweeter than any other Strat I've owned or played.
    3. Epiphone Limited Edition 20th Anniversary Jack Casady Signature Bass. Since there is no "non-signature" version of this bass, it's hard to say what it would compare to. Casady plays one, since he actually assisted in the design, and has done so for years.

Recently, I've been playing my G & L Tribute Legacy. After I moved, I had it set up again, and it's truly one fine-playing guitar. It's got a Brazilian cherry fingerboard on a maple neck, which is unusual, but it plays like (ahem) butter. Great electronics (G & L has that PTB - Passive Treble and Bass - system, which provides for more versatility than usual on a SSS guitar). Not a signature guitar, but a Tribute Legacy...

I like signature guitars. I don’t own any, but I could see myself buying a George Harrison Rocky Strat. Or a McCartney Ricky 4001.