Thread: Are we deleting threads now over someone's feelings?

Forum Member

Are we deleting threads now over someone's feelings?

A recent thread seems to have disappeared!
    Was it was removed for, as I suspect, the thin skinned fellow that thought his car was insulted!
    Really?

Re: Are we deleting threads now over someone's feelings?

The car thread was deleted?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Moore View Post
    A recent thread seems to have disappeared!
    Was it was removed for, as I suspect, the thin skinned fellow that thought his car was insulted!
    Really?
    Really?

That's how you saw it?
    What happend?
    Who let the magic smoke out?

I don't blame renderit for getting upset, and I hope he'll be back.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Quote Originally Posted by KennyF View Post
    By the way... That's not how I saw it, and I genuinely hope that renderit stays with us...
    PM'd him...

It was Renderit who got sore?

Dude, that guy has a great sense of humor, I rarely see him post anything without a good, funny vibe. Didn't get to read the posts and don't know what this issue was all about, but I can't help but wonder what could possibly upset him.

I hope he sticks around, he's a great guy.

Forum Member

As long as I've been here, O.A. has been opinionated, and condescending to many ideas other than his own. I sure wouldn't let that bother me, just take his posts with as much salt as necessary!

But see, the reason Offshore Angler's "opinionated" stance is so irritating is that his opinions are pure "D" crap.

He goes on and on about the right way to approach This Business of Music, how to keep a band together, how to be a right professional performer, and everything he says is made up. And a lot of people know this is true, because WE'VE HEARD HIM PLAY. No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know of, and yet his river of BS is always based on the concept that he's a great player.

Now, I don't care how "good" anybody is: I'm nowhere near as good as I wanted to be (I'm 62, and I just quit my band and starting selling some gear, which is why I dropped in here... to post some ads). But when you clearly suck but invent an online person who pretends to know everything about everything, then I just can't stand to listen to you.

OA is the reason I don't come around here anymore.
    Last edited by Gravity Jim; 10-18-2018 at 11:34 AM.

The worst of all this is that we are obviously losing good users.

Why don’t we all just chill? I’d like to see you all here. Including Jim and OA.

I love this forum because of you all, guys. I share and learn a lot from each and every one of y’all.

That's nice of you to say, Sergio, but I don't have much to contribute. I don't often play the guitar these days.

I'm with Sérgio, Jim. This is a pretty tight-knit community, and we share a lot more than just guitar stories and gear setups.

This is the Internet, for crying out loud. Every place has got one or two posters that rub people the wrong way. I read every new post on here, even when it comes to topics I either know nothing about, or have no interest in. Usually, I read and move on. Sometimes I might post a reply, if only for the ignorant humor I might lend to a topic.

Once, on another forum, I was put on another user's "ignore list." When I first learned of this I was taken aback - even mildly offended. After all, what did I deserve to be ignored by another. Apparently I had violated one of his personal rules - not a forum rule - and that was enough for him to decide he wanted nothing more to do with me. Well, I guess it cuts both ways, because I see nothing from him. And you know what? I'm not bothered in the least about that!

To me, it's like being the proverbial duck. I let everything roll off my back. Heck, the only way I know any of you is through the keyboard. It's not like we're going to run into one another and wind up in a fist fight!

Is there an ignore feature here?
    What happend?

Indeed.

you see, when I saw Jim’s post, before I actually read it, my first reaction was “hey, Jim’s back! Cool!”

I have many disagreements with Chuck myself, or better said, he tends to disagree with me often, but I do like him even so... Sometimes he’s right, sometimes I am. Some people aren’t as subtle or polite as we’d like them to be and we gotta live with it... just like off the internet.

Uh oh.

In before the lock.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravity Jim View Post
    But see, the reason Offshore Angler's "opinionated" stance is so irritating is that his opinions are pure "D" crap.

He goes on and on about the right way to approach This Business of Music, how to keep a band together, how to be a right professional performer, and everything he says is made up. And a lot of people know this is true, because WE'VE HEARD HIM PLAY. No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know of, and yet his river of BS is always based on the concept that he's a great player.

Now, I don't care how "good" anybody is: I'm nowhere near as good as I wanted to be (I'm 62, and I just quit my band and starting selling some gear, which is why I dropped in here... to post some ads). But when you clearly suck but invent an online person who pretends to know everything about everything, then I just can't stand to listen to you.

OA is the reason I don't come around here anymore.
    _

Forum Member

What's "D" crap?

Quote Originally Posted by mikesr1963 View Post
    What's "D" crap?

I was asking myself the same question, but my English is bad and I was ashamed to ask.

D in this case is a part of the phrase pure d old whatever. Just means it really is. Emphasis
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Quote Originally Posted by KennyF View Post
    I genuinely hope that renderit stays with us...

Quote Originally Posted by ch willie View Post
    ...I hope he'll be back.

Quote Originally Posted by Sérgio View Post
    I hope he sticks around, he's a great guy.
    I 100% agree.

@renderit

What happend?

Renderit is one of my favorite people I've ever interacted with online. Really like that guy.

IMO saying someone getting offended by bile is their fault only works within reason. How about treating each other like there's a human being on the other end of the computer?

I think we all could use some more "peace and love" these days.

If you all allow me to make a plea: let's just leave all the unpleasant stuff behind and make this forum what it used to be, again.

I mean everyone, Jim, Chuck, Renderit... Hell, let's bring Roger back (I talk to him from time to time by email)!

P.S. Mod team, of course I respect your actions and no way I'm trying to play moderator here, I'm just saying that we can be a great community again if we users just cut the unnecessary rudeness and just stick together.

We got GREAT people here, each one of us contributes greatly.

What TFF should be and look like:

What TFF should be and look like:

If you search the archives, you'll find an actual photo of the TFF "magic Bus". It was full of TFF players - I was driving it. We had a hell of good time!

Chuck
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Gravity Jim View Post

Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know of, and yet his river of BS is always based on the concept that he's a great player.

Jim, nice of you to come back around and make personal attacks. Real class, as usual.

Chuck
    "No harmonic knowledge, no sense of time, a ghastly tone, unskilled vibrato, and so on. Chuck is one of the worst guitar players I know" -Gravity Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Offshore Angler View Post
    If you search the archives, you'll find an actual photo of the TFF "magic Bus". It was full of TFF players - I was driving it. We had a hell of good time!

Chuck

I gotta find that!!

Here is the phtot from the jam. I have to say, OA is a good friend - met him through this forum and I've stayed at his house for jams and he's stayed at mine. I do think his comments can get snarky from time time; but he's good people.

"We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

Forum Member

I was asking myself the same question, but my English is bad and I was ashamed to ask.

Gotta say that even after reading the explanation of it I still sat and wondered what the hell they were trying to say and then concluded that they were actually trying to indicated D U M B Sh I T. I'm guessing that is because I never new Dumb was in the swear dictionary.

Quote Originally Posted by gibsonjunkie View Post
    Here is the phtot from the jam. I have to say, OA is a good friend - met him through this forum and I've stayed at his house for jams and he's stayed at mine. I do think his comments can get snarky from time time; but he's good people.

Awesome!!

Don’t blame me, I voted for Kodos!

Quote Originally Posted by gibsonjunkie View Post

Is that the House of Guitars sign in the background? Rochester NY right? Never been there, but we used to get the TV commercials all the time on the north side of Lake Ontario!

Yes it is. A jam AND House of Guitars! We got off the bus and acted like rock stars. We had a blast. Telebob took the picture and then I took a second shot with him in it and photoshopped myself into the phtot.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain