Thread: The "Brrr It's Getting Cold" Sunday Thread

The "Brrr It's Getting Cold" Sunday Thread

We've seen a drop in temperature of some 30° over the past week. As I type this it's 42° (F). Last week it was in the 70°-80° range. Wow!

I have been on an exercise kick since the month began. I have been walking about 2.5 miles every day. It does my heart good, but my hip has been killing me for the past couple of days. An impinged SI joint is what finally caused me to give up running. It may now do the same for walking. Getting old is not for sissies!

Church this morning, and I'm hoping my daughter and her family show up. Last week we went for breakfast after. I'm not counting on it, but it would be nice to do it again.

Happy Autumn, everyone in the northern hemisphere!

Re: The "Brrr It's Getting Cold" Sunday Thread

The temps here are also in the low 40s this morning with a chance of some snow flurries moving in this afternoon...really bizarre weather for this time of the year. We spent a few hours yesterday trimming shrubs and emptying flowerbeds in preparation for winter so the muscles are kind of sore this morning. Meeting up with our friends for Bloody Marys, breakfast and coffee should be a pleasant change from yesterday’s work.

I was going to take my ‘59 345 to Milwaukee tonight for my good friend, bluesman Bryan Lee, to use in recording his latest CD but he called last night to let me know he has ended up in the hospital with an infection putting the recording sessions on hold.

Here he is with some friends in NOLA
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=soH7TI0oBEs

I'm on fall break--no classes til Wednesday. I really wish I could retire. Been teaching nearly 30 years. My dream would be to own a bar in a vacation town. My employees would take care of everything. I'd wear baggy shorts and shirts, smoke cuban cigars, keep a scotch on the rocks in my hand, and greet customers.

Band practice today. Our drummer is a cantankerous old coot with a bad attitude. I'm trying hard to work with him, but he's pissing off all of us. We're going to try diplomatically to get him on the track with mid song emphases and song endings. He's holding us back.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

big time cool down here, woke up to 34 degrees staring me in the face. almost 50 now. Thursday I was walking around in t shirts and shorts after sunset.

ever so slowly getting the music room back into shape. Far from operational. need some completely uninterrupted hours to indulge. Like 7 or 8 hours in a row. so hard to get away from tending to my mom for any useful lengths of time.

Unbelievable weather change at this location as well. Mostly in the form of about a 40% drop-in overall temperature. However yesterday evening around 4:30 p.m. the sky filled up and unloaded! it rained so hard that visibility from my front window to my parked car out in front which is only about 40 ft away, the car was nearly unseen. The trail that runs about 100 meters for my gun range was turned into a miniature form of a raging River complete with Rapids and water spurting High into the air when it hit rocks! But the reduction in temperature is truly welcomed.
    The rain does limit my shooting on my range. Oh well....

No big plans. Might take a couple westerns on DVD over to my grandkids. New grandson has never seen Tombstone! Can you believe it? And never heard of classics like 1941, Zulu, or Cool Hand Luke. Boy musta been kept in a jar! Guess that Das Boot would be thought of as a movie on Western footwear!

I feel old........
    I forgot what I was going to say...

Forum Member

Cooled down here also this last week, but no frost yet, I still have lots of tomatoes in my "flower bed" at the shop.
    We had a match this morning, my nephew set up some good stages, but I think I only took one. Everybody gives me hell, for wearing a t-shirt, while they are wearing jackets, but the sun was in and, and didn't start sprinkling until I got home,(didn't last)!

Late to the party (again). Had a bit of snow here last night and overnight lows this week are below freezing. Too soon!!!!

im working on dialling in my multi-instrument jam rig. right now using my pedal steel amp to amplify my pedal steel, acoustic and electric guitars. Sounds great for pedal steel...not so good for anything else. Right now I’m experimenting with my digital mixer and one of my powered PA cabs. It’s promising for acoustic and pedal steelnfor clean tones but not so much for electric. Need to have something less in from, I’m using my POD 1.0 right now, but it’s getting bulky with a lot of cables and power cords and whatnot. I’m seriously thinking of the Line6 HX Stomp. Sounds killer but it’s oricey. Trying to determine if the form factor and workflow of the Stomp meets my requirements. It would also work for bass, which is a bonus.