Thread: Been away awhile

Been away awhile

I apologize for my long absence,

I went on a trek -- a trek to find a Stratocaster that I didnt hate------ I guitar so good --- so "right" it would make me forget about or DEAL with the dreaded HORRID volume knob placement that Leo straddled the Strat with

I played many Strat-- USA -- China-- Mexico-- Indonesia -- JAPAN! even -- many were very nice --- some were just dead wood------

A few months back I happened by Jimmys Vintage Music In Auburndale Fl---- many crusty dusty old vintage guitars of all brands --- I focused on strats that day-------playing many from the 70's -- 1 from the 60's -- a bunch from the 90's and "teens"

I had about given up--- I was talking with the shop keeps brother about how the OLD 80's Squires have JUMPED in value and are now "sought after" when back in the 90's they were (cheap crap) funny how things change-----while chatting I literally BUMPED into a white strat I had missed ------- a MIM 08 sort banged up--- with some weird discoloration at the 11th fret-------maybe a decal had been there ---odd........I picked it up----with one strum of one chord --- it came alive in my hand-------I spent the next 30 minutes playing it--- they kept asking if I wanted an amp--- I declined-----

I can tell by feel if one is a keeper-----this one --- this un assuming slightly dinged up decal corroded Strat --- just a bone stock MIM white strat------ was THE ONE------ its been several months now---- it is the only guitar I own that i MUST play daily ----hands down -- ovr all the Gibsons and Jacksons and PEaveys ..........this Fender feels like the most comfortable pair of old blue jeans every time I play it -- the neck is perfection fretboard --- exactly right -- and I SWEAR -- -rare and NEW "noodles" come out when I play this that do not come out on other guitars here it is beside its USA Peavey cousin
    The only time you really live fully is from thirty to sixty. The young are slaves to dreams; the old servants of regrets. Only the middle-aged have all their five senses in the keeping of their wits.
    T. Roosevelt

Re: Been away awhile

I'm dying to see it, but I just see a box with a question mark. There might be a bug in my browser.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

HEre ya go ------- with her USA PEAVEY Tele cousin
    I also acquired MY DREAM LES PAUL in my absence---I been busy-- the LP is quite the story as well -- but this is a Fender forum -- so
    [IMG][/IMG]

AND the LEster --- 1970 ALL ORIGINAL all functional ZERO issues PRISTINE ---- Les Paul Recording guitar

[IMG
    ][/IMG]
    The only time you really live fully is from thirty to sixty. The young are slaves to dreams; the old servants of regrets. Only the middle-aged have all their five senses in the keeping of their wits.
    T. Roosevelt

I love white Strats with maple fbs. That's a nice looking guitar. But whoa! That Les Paul! How does it compare to other Les Pauls. I've never even seen one of those in person.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

Totally different tonal animal to a regular Les Paul ---depending on the settings it gets ALMOST strat like--- clear clean and chimey but with GOBS of sustain ---the cleanest pure note tone on any guitar I have ever played----which was what les wanted--- it reproduces the TONE of the guitar--- to get that clean tone to the recording/sound board -- where you can do a bazillion things with it
    weights a ton--- plays like butter -- very thin neck for that era Gibson---
    There were not but a few hundred made of the original production years and they didnt sell well-- they were "before their time" and most musicians didnt see the value--

Here is a little more info--- I have had my dated to a 1970 Mfct. date--- which means it was part of the pre mfct. for the 71 Launch--I did extensive research with Gibson and even was able to speak with George Gruhn (Of Gruhns Vintage Guitar Guide) about it. Great folks great information GREAT guitar---- I traded (get this) fourteen low level "average" guitars even up for this one Master Les Paul------I dont miss the 14 a BIT heck I cant even remeber what all was traded-----!

A little more info
    https://uniqueguitar.blogspot.com/20...ng-guitar.html
    T. Roosevelt

Forum Member

How do you get drool off'n the keyboard?