Thread: NAD! Orange Crush 35RT

NAD! Orange Crush 35RT

Well I did it. Bought an Orange Crush 35RT with no box at a mom & pop shop. Another player was there with me as I was trying to negotiate a deal and offered to use his tax number to help. Had hustled the price down some then this nice fellow offered to help. I gave him my cash. He bought the amp and used his tax I.D. and handed me back $10 from what I gave him. He handed me the amp and a copy of the receipt. That deal saved my $91 off the regular price! I was beside myself! The guy that helped me was amazing. Never met him, and he just wanted to lend me a hand in getting the amp.

Got it home and plugged in my Epi 339 and wow! The tone block is super responsive. Cut coils with a mid bump sings. Full buckers and a slight mid cut and punching the Dirty Channel in gave instant sonic bombast with Full Bluntal Nugety! It friggin' rocks! And cranking the Clean Channel above 7, approaching 9 it gets hairy! Really great compressed overdrive with tons of attitude! I played for 20 minutes in my little house and staggered outside feeling like a landmine had gone off next to me! I swear it's got tubes hidden in it...

Effects loop is dead quiet. Great circuitry here. A dirtbox or two in front of the input is as expected, badass! Ok.... Now I've got a great amp. I suppose a new solidbody will be next...
    Its all somebody's fault. Y'all draw straws and pick who to blame. Can't be me, I'm innocent.

Good amp guys. Well worth the close to a C note off the regular sale price! Snicker snicker!
    I forgot what I was going to say...

Re: NAD! Orange Crush 35RT

You know the rules, Old Ranger: Without pics it didn't happen!

Happy NAD!

I don't know how to do pics.

I tried but it didn't work. I suck at this computer stuff. Always have....
    So no pics guys. Can't do it.... I really do hate computers.
    Gonna go clean a weapon and regain my self respect.
    Last edited by Old Ranger; 09-29-2018 at 05:12 AM. Reason: Can't do f***ing pictures!

fer a solid body I'd suggest either a tele or an SG. better yet, both.

Forum Member

Pretty impressive sounding from the vids I watched. Have fun with that thang!

Solidbody, hummmmm. I'm feeling a 24 fret Jackson Dinky with a Rose...
    Or perhaps a Mustang? But leaning towards the Dinky.
    And yeah, this Orange is really incredible. With a Carbon Copy delay and a DigiTech CR-7 chorus, along with a T Rex Whirlyverb in the fx loop, oh my! Such lush stuff clean. Was playing the Doors' The End with the 339. Sonic bliss.... I could see the UH 1Ds and smell the napalm....
    Oh! Y'all weren't supposed to hear that! Ha! I'm fine. No flashbacks! Really... I always call for artillery support when having breakfast.

But yeah, I keep sniffing around for the smell of hot tubes, but its all just remarkable analog circuits brilliantly executed in this amp. The OD is dynamic and with a full range of useable energy. With or without my hearing aids, it sounds supurb.
    And that smell. It smells like.... Victory. Orange amp victory!

Flash! Orange update.....

Sold it today. Everyday side by side with the Marshall, well the Orange got squished.....
    Marshall: chimes with clean. Sings with OD. Orange: dull clean. Boxey and limited dirty.

After close comparison of the two, the Marshall was clearly a superior amp and the Orange was dull and boring. So I packed it up and sold it. Bye bye Orange.

I’ve had gear like that. I had a Hughes and Kettner solid state. On its on it was fine, but when I got it around other amps, I grew to dislike it.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

In my own humble experience, these smaller solid state amps are mainly for study/home use.

That's what I use my own Orange crush for.

People record stuff with them, I know, and they actually are good enough for -very- small venues if you got a civilized drummer.

But that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sérgio View Post
    if you got a civilized drummer.
    Isn't that an oxymoron? Maybe my response belongs in the Musician Jokes thread?

It appears that I have to keep this short because the site is not allowing any lengthy verbiage. So, here's the short skinny. The orange amp was fine if all I wanted to do was rock my brains out. It was just a little too one-dimensional. The Marshall, on the other hand, has an enormous versatility that I simply could not overlook. In short it is a Rolls-Royce compared to a 48 Dodge. And right now that Rolls-Royce is really singing. I like single 10 inch amps very much.