Thread: Old time TV

Old time TV

Saw this video on the LPF and had to share it here too.

Damn, it was nice to spend the Saturday morning in front of the TV back when I was a kid.

Warner Brothers and Hanna Barbera ruled!

P.S. I always wanted Wile E. Coyote to finally catch the RR!

Re: Old time TV

H.R Puff N Stuff. That show has more drug references than a Cheech & Chong movie...lol

Forum Member

I've got a few more years on you, Sergio, but in the 50's it was Captain Midnight, Hopalong Cassidy, and of course Howdy Doody.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Moore View Post
    I've got a few more years on you, Sergio, but in the 50's it was Captain Midnight, Hopalong Cassidy, and of course Howdy Doody.

I watched HR puffinstuff every Saturday. My favorite as a kid was The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show. That was a clever show on many levels.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

loved saturday morning cartoons. Johnny Quest. Space Ghost, the original not the stupid new one. There were others but lost to the haze of time I guess.

I don't watch tv much these days. The stuff being pumped out by the studios these days is predictable, trite, hackneyed, politically correct and tiresome. I watch baseball and news sometimes.

Old-time tv is fun to watch at times, but I can't take a steady diet of it, either.

Weren't allowed to watch HR Puff-n-Stuff... I'm guessing due to the psychedelic vibe. Also weren't permitted to watch Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In... likely due to the adult-oriented humor.

Sat/ Sun mornings, I remember- Loony Toons ( obviously), Land Of the Lost ( with those absolutely frightening Sleestak creatures), Shazam, Captain Caveman ( weird), Fat Albert, Sigmund & The Sea-monster ( SO weird! Also, the sea-monster's parents freaked me out!), The Banana Splits, Scooby Doo ( really didn't care for it but we'd watch it anyway), The Hudson Brothers Razzle Dazzle, Hong Kong Phooey, Pink Panther, and Speed Buggy. Lots more that I'm forgetting, I'm sure.

Timeless and priceless!