Thread: First Sunday of Fall coffee and appreciation

First Sunday of Fall coffee and appreciation

I find myself online unaccustomedly early as of late, if that makes any sense

Figured I get a thread started

Chilly here, first sub-50 morning since early June/late May probably. got a fresh cuppa java going, exceptionally good this morning. got me feeling ambitious. no shortage of stuff I need to do. The garage needs a good going through. I've got a ton of boxes in there that I had been saving for a friend who had a big move to do. Now that they've taken what they need the rest have got to go. I have no shortage of corrugated due to all the online ordering I do these days.

I might even bring the new purchase outside for a few pictures in the sun
    Last edited by DanTheBluesMan; 09-23-2018 at 05:19 AM.

Re: First Sunday of Fall coffee and appreciation

I have so much to do today. I'm trying not to let it overwhelm me, so I'm going to make a list, stay organized, and get it all done.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

It’s a beautiful crisp, sunny day here on the Wisconsin lake shore. In an hour the missus and I will be on the Harley headed out for breakfast and Bloody Marys with our weekly group of friends. I got the yard work done yesterday so it’s going to be a day of relaxation!

Today I'll be power-washing the deck railing, and maybe the decking if I have time.
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

My bassist is on a heavy PMS and didn't want to rehearse this Sunday, so I didn't have to drive the usual 80 miles to João Pessoa.

Went to a nice bar with my GF last nite for a couple of beers and woke up late this morning (it's 1:13 pm here now).

Later we'll have Chinese or Italian dinner and watch TV series.

Oh and as usual I'm having liters of coffee. Keeps me alive.

Riding out the after effects of two tornadoes that touched down here on Friday afternoon. One tornado decimated a small town in the rural west end of the city while the other knocked out a major electricity transmission station knocking out power to about 180,000 households and businesses - or basically half the city. We’ve had no power for almost 48 hours now but apparently we should have power back by supper hour. Lots of families displaced and the hydro station will take months to rebuild. I expect unstable power until the station is back online properly.

Was as going to head to the cottage but power is out there as well!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdog View Post
    Riding out the after effects of two tornadoes that touched down here on Friday afternoon. One tornado decimated a small town in the rural west end of the city while the other knocked out a major electricity transmission station knocking out power to about 180,000 households and businesses - or basically half the city. We’ve had no power for almost 48 hours now but apparently we should have power back by supper hour. Lots of families displaced and the hydro station will take months to rebuild. I expect unstable power until the station is back online properly.

Was as going to head to the cottage but power is out there as well!
    Are you near Ottowa? I was trying to find something about Canadian tornados and that was the most cur4ent I could find.

Yep, I’m in Ottawa, just a few miles west of the Parliament buildings.

Check out cbc.ca/ottawa for more details and images. The localized damages are astonishing! One of the twisters was classified EF-3 and the other an EF-2. Crazy that the second one landed square on the one pi e of infrastructure that supplies power to half the city. What are the odds?

Fortunatley aonly a small small handful of injuries, no deaths as of yet.

It was a nice cool day today! Would've been nice to see some sun, though.

Wow! Crazy storms!

We sold our 1994 Honda Civic today. We bout the car new! We gave it to our daughter a few years ago. She went to grad school in Oregon and doesn't need it. The car was beat! Dents, mismatched body panels, leaky power steering rack, old tires... the new owner plans on running it through the winter while he modifies in Honda Element. He had a Honda logo tattoo on his forearm! Seemed like a nice guy, anyway

I'm one to talk- we bough a 2015 Civic on Saturday!

Also, I worked on a friend's 1966 Vibrolux Reverb. The tremolo had become weak- not completely weak, but weaker than the tremolo in m '66 VR, but "soft". I put a new roach in it and put an .02uF cap over the roach while I was it it. The tremolo is strong and silent now.

I also noticed that this amp's Normal channel had become incredibly microphonic. Turned out to be a bad input jack- the switching contact had become weak. $2.

Just got back from my annual men's retreat up on a lake near the Catskills. It was cooler and more overcast than forecast, but that didn't hamper the retreat any.

If you're a guy and you've never been to a retreat, you ought to give it a try. A combination of music/singing, workshops, worship, and activities (climbing wall, Frisbee golf, zip line, water slides, tubing, volleyball tournament), lots of humor, good food and excellent discussion. A few days off the grid, and no one fights, argues, judges or gets annoyed. Very refreshing.

And I took my Pignose travel/practice guitar with me for those quiet, "me" moments. Good stuff!