Thread: Sunday Thread for September 16

Sunday Thread for September 16

As I mentioned in my whiny thread elsewhere, I'm going to spend a portion of the day working on putting my DAW together. Having never done it before, each step will be a challenge. And a victory!

The weather is getting cooler. I guess that's normal for this time of year. We're still getting over the hurricane that wasn't (in our neck of the woods. No insult meant to those who actually experienced Hurricane Florence).

Time to get ready for church. Then it's Sunday without any must-dos.

Re: Sunday Thread for September 16

We have something a little different to do today when we head out o a little rural dinner club for a party celebrating the 70th wedding anniversary of my wife’s aunt and uncle. It should be a fun afternoon.

After the stretch of rainy days we had here, the mosquito population has really come to life. We went from virtually no activity to an all out assault by the pesky bugs. I spent some time trimming bushes in my yard and ended up with my face and arms being covered with welts from those little vampires.

I had few plans today but just got a message from one of my oldest friends saying he's in town from Texas and wants to meet for coffee... we go way-y-y-y back

Other than that - yard work now that it's cool enough to get the job done. Other than that - rest - I had a killer week last week and am worn out!
    "We catched fish and talked, and we took a swim now and then to keep off sleepiness." Mark Twain

We have someone coming in to videotape the band today--it'll give us some youtube clips in order to get gigis. We imagine something like Daryl's House; we'll probably get something like Daryl's chicken house.

edit: Our guitarist is sick, so now I've got the whole day ahead of me. I got all my household chores and teaching prep done on Friday and Saturday. I'm not used to having Sundays free. I'm at a loss.
    Last edited by ch willie; 09-16-2018 at 06:57 AM.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

I hope y'all are well.

Lots of things going on here, too many really.

We got the foundation fixed and have guys coming to bid a complete repipe (42 year old galvanized) and concrete company to replace the driveway.

I sold my car as the dentists daughter needs a new Ferrari. Lol.

I've started two new instrument builds and am nearing the end on another.

Just finished a rehab of a Marshall 2205 and have another to do along with 2 new builds.

And... I actually bought an amp.

Somehow, Mrs. Gator still puts up with me.

I owe y'all a few threads - I'll get some started tonight.

Y'all be well my friends.

What happend?
    Who let the magic smoke out?

This is my last day of vacation! Vacation did not go as planned, but we had a very good time!

Pulled out the Epi 339. Restrung with D'Addario XL 10-49 with a wound G. Love those wound G's on a semi hollowbody. Plugged into the Marshall and played clean with the coils cut. Forgot the unbelievable depth and clarity of this instrument. Then popping the volume pots in and stomping on the DigiTech HotRod in the RAT mode, I went ballistic! 30 min of nonstop sonic bombasts in the key of Nuge! My cats were trying to get to my weapons to kill me......Lunch..... Boring.... Grabbed up my carbon framed AR15 with silver skulls graphics and headed to my range outside for even more noise! I peppered the 10"x10" hanging iron plate that rings a perfect G! After 30 rounds of ringing the ballistic chimes, cleaning time.... My house my be falling apart, but my instruments and weapons are always immaculate!Really liking this Marshall my neighbor loaned me. He want my 1851 Colt Navy copy black powder revolver. I might trade him for the Marshall and the Epi Dot Deluxe that used to be mine. He never plays it and I miss it.... And he's gassing for my old revolver. I'll catch him at his weakest.... Dats my Sunday.......
    I forgot what I was going to say...

Hey @gibsonjunkie - cool photo! I remember my mom dressing me like that back then too!

Another swinging-the-hammer-at-the-like kind of weekend for me. We're thinking of putting the cottage on the market so I've been plowing through a list of jobs. A big list of jobs. But I'm nearing the end and that'll be solved by a lick of paint in a few place. I spent today retiling the hearth under my wood stove. What I though would be a one hour job turned into a three hour job when my neighbour visited and brought lunch!

Some before pics circa 2012 when I started ripping the place apart. Most of the place looked like this (minus the edging....horrendous vinyl floor, ugly paint on walls - blue, yellow and green mostly - and a sh!tshow of a bathroom. I've spent most of the last six summers working away on stuff. Some summers were less productive than others....the last two were very productive!

All of the work done by me alone over the course of six summers...working weekends mostly and the odd week off here or there. Seems crazy to want to sell it at this point, but the market is hot and we're working on setting ourselves up to move to a country acreage in a few years. Figure we liquidate this, go mortgage free and ready to pull the trigger on the right place when it comes along.

Bathroom guts just as I started tearing things apart. At the back, there used to be a 5' tub in a room that is 49" wide. The former owners bumped out into the room to the right, so there was this awkward wall in the second bedroom!

I'm trying to find the photos from when this property was listed back in 2009 - can find them readily but I'll update this post if I find them. The difference is staggering. Building is from the late 50's/early 60's with a couple of pieces added on along the way. About 900 sq feet for the main bldg and about 150 sq feet for the bunk. I also built a 96 sq ft. toolshed last summer so I could actually work on the bunkhouse!

Bunk (aka Junkhouse) - and this is pic of it looking pretty good!

Master bedroom mid-recondition. Theres some awful vinyl flooring under that plywood.

And....after!

Wow! Heaven!

Beautiful cabin.

Where is it?
    What happend?
    Who let the magic smoke out?

Thanks guys!

Its about an hour north of Ottawa, Ontario