Thread: The Sunday Thread for 9/8

The Sunday Thread for 9/8

It feels like fall has arrived with a thud. A couple of days ago it was hot, humid, and steamy. Yesterday, the rains came (again - it's been the rainiest summer in recent memory), but with high temperatures only in the low 70°s. This morning, it's raining and as I type this, it's 55°. Today's high is forecast to be only 62°! In fact, the highest it's supposed to get all week is 82°, on Thursday. Lows will be in 60°s. Maybe not quite time to pull out the sweaters, but at least thoughts are turning that way.

I resisted the temptation to buy the STOD from Musician's Friend yesterday, The
    Way Huge Electronics Saucy Box Overdrive Guitar Effects Pedal. It looked cool, the description was pretty saucy, but then I told myself, "It's an overdrive pedal. You already have two...!" Whew.

Today, because of the rain, I'll probably stay indoors, practice my scales ( ) and gear up for the coming week. I'm holding a training - first three days as a web-based class, and then Thursday and Friday in New York.

Re: The Sunday Thread for 9/8

Up to visit the mom and sibs near Nashville. Leaving here straight to band practice in Jackson—100 miles.

Then home tonight to get ready for the week. I’ve been playing bass so much lately that I’ve been neglecting my guitars. So I’m going to make time to play this evening.
    If we'd known we were going to be the Beatles, we'd have tried harder.--George Harrison

We dropped our daughter off at the airport at 5:00 am to go to Portland, Oregon (we live in Massachusetts) to get her masters at the National University of Natural Medicine. We're very proud of her!

The we cancelled our flights and hotel booking for a trip to Myrtle Beach this week. Flying into a hurricane and state of emergency isn't my idea of a fun vacation. Maybe we'll drive up to Maine or take a Ferry to Martha's Vineyard for a few days.

We took the Harley out to breakfast this morning and enjoyed a brisk ride on a cloudless Wisconsin day with temps in that 65-70 degree range. It was a beautiful Sunday morning!

I'm glad we cancelled our plans to go to Myrtle Beach. We lost money, but it was worth it. We would've been evacuated to who knows where on Tuesday with no flights home any time soon.

We drove to Portland and Boothbay Harbor, Maine and had a great time!

OMG, I love Boothbay Harbor. A friend of mine got married up there at his future in-laws b&b. It was the weekend after Labor Day, in fact the same weekend you went up there. Beautiful and warm during the day and that night I saw my shadow by starlight for the very first (and so far only) time in my life. It was a magical place for me and one of the very few places on earth that I would like to have my ashes scattered when my time comes.

I have a cousin who retired to Booth Bay Harbor after retiring as a very successful pharmacist. He then took up the work again for a few years in Booth Bay Harbor before retiring. Again. He and his family love it there!